Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

C754 doc feeder guide miss reading

The doc feeder in this c754 always says "miss match paper size" if you move the guide or even sneeze on it, then you have to carefully play with it to get it to read the 8.5 x 11,
    is there an adjustment for this to re calibrate it? and make it stable?
    thanks for any help

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: C754 doc feeder guide miss reading

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    The doc feeder in this c754 always says "miss match paper size" if you move the guide or even sneeze on it, then you have to carefully play with it to get it to read the 8.5 x 11,
    thanks for any help
    If you've ever set a new KM box up, they come with an A4 auto calibration sheet. If you had the sheet to calibrate with and it still didn't work, then there is a VR (Variable Resistor) underneath that would have to be replaced & then recalibrated!!!C754 doc feeder guide miss readingC754 doc feeder guide miss reading

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

thanks for any help
    What have you tried so far?
    Have you tried the Original Tray Width Adjustment in service mode? As a service tech, that would have been one of my first steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    1. Service Mode
    2. ADF
    3. Original Tray Width
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

Im sorry i apologize im not a KM tech ,Im a ricoh tech, i just obtained a client who has this machine i have manuals, but you guys are faster in some cases
    Thanks for the insight

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Im sorry i apologize im not a KM tech ,Im a ricoh tech, i just obtained a client who has this machine i have manuals, but you guys are faster in some cases
    Thanks for the insight
    I used to work on Ricoh-Savin boxes!!!...I don't any more and sure glad I don't!!! I saw some *serious* design flaws that were not rectified through multiple iterations/models!!!...whereas with the Konica-Minolta boxes, certain things are designed quite well and quite often kept through multiple iterations/models of machines!!!C754 doc feeder guide miss readingC754 doc feeder guide miss reading

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Thanks for the insight
    Sorry if I came off a bit heavy handed there, wasn't my intention. Under your user name in the post it states Field Supervisor, but not of what brands. Since we were in the Konica area, I thought it seemed a bit odd that someone of such a rank in the group didn't know about something as simple as the width adjustment. Maybe a little snip-it in your signature line with your brand affiliation might eliminate any confusion in the future.

In any case, I hope you got the issue resolved with one of the offered solutions.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...