Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Bizhub C300i - Buying Advice

Quote Originally Posted by mkonkelz View Post
    Today was the day! My brand new C300i was delivered, but my joy did not last very long!

As it seems my KM dealer changed all the important passwords. CE and also the Admin password

I told them i would do all the maintenance by myself. The system is bought (no maintenance contract or leasing) and they were / are completely fine with that.
    They are also going to provide me any spare parts from the parts manual if i need some.
    Maybe it was a mistake by the technician who did the initial setup / installation, but now i can`t do any configuration that was planned for this weekend to start with this machine on monday morning.

Is there a way to reset the passwords or restore the system to factory default?
    Do you plan to use Warranty, in example case of board failure? Because it can be tricky when you're self servicing machine.
    Did they send machine pre-installed to you because then maybe rrohan can be right about passwords they've change.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician
    Bizhub C300i - Buying Advice

Today i gave them a call and talked to a technician. It was a mistake on their part, the tec who did the install set the passwords to their standard, because normally they don`t sell this machines and they all have service or maintenance contracts. So he set up the passwords out of habbit.

They instantly gave me the passwords, no arguing was necessary.

So i am currently doing the installation and setup and the first questions arise:

Is there a new Firmware available?
    Currently it`s running on Version AA2J0Y0-0100-G00-7B(00)
    Function Version: 1.0

Can someone (maybe @Bix ) provide me the current version?
    Is there anything special that i need to know about the upgrade process? Things i need to consider or need to know?
    Are there special versions for different installed options or is there always one version including alle options?

ACS Mode
    I saw that ACS is deactivated by default. Are there any disadvantages in enabling it?
    I would prioritize longevity over print speed.

System Auto Reset
    Currently i am using the Classic Mode and want to set the default menu to scan or home screen. But when i start the system it always jumps right into the copy mode.
    If i set System Auto reset to 1 minute it will switch to scan after that minute, but won`t start in scan mode if the system is rebooted.
    When i enable the new Basic Mode it will start in scan mode as intended, but not in Classic Mode.

1-Click Copy / Scan
    Is it possible to configure a 1-Click Copy or Scan?
    I have setup copy and scan programs and made a shortcut on the homescreen. I would like to start the copy / scan immediately when clicking on the shortcut.

SMB File Naming Issue
    When scanning to SMB the system gives the file an automated name (date + time + etc.) can i make custom names e.g. File Name 08.06.2020 6:00.pdf instead of File Name_3847834784738.pdf?
    And when i assign a file name to a scan program e.g. Scan Programm "Contracts" giving the file the name "Contracts" it will assign it rightly, but if i do the next "Contracts" Scan it will overwrite the old file with the new one.
    I would like to assign a numbering scheme to the file names. E.g. Contract 1, Contract 2, Contract 3, and so on. I tried the "automatic renaming setting" but this will just add the default file name like ContractSkmscan_23450827435.pdf

General things to consider?
    Are there general things i need to consider or should configure in the settings or service menu?
    What should be enabled or disabled from the default settings?

Thank you all for helping me out and providing useful information so far.
    You guys are awesome

Technician
    Bizhub C300i - Buying Advice

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Do you plan to use Warranty, in example case of board failure? Because it can be tricky when you're self servicing machine.
    Did they send machine pre-installed to you because then maybe rrohan can be right about passwords they've change.
    Yes, if something breaks i will use the warranty. I spoke to KM before buying. This should be no problem.
    I also can call the dealer at any time, they promised to help me out if something goes wrong.

It was exactly as you and rrohan mentioned. They did it out of habit.
    I got the machine pre-installed, ready to use.