Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician
    Bizhub C300i - Buying Advice

After my other Thread "Bizhub C4050i - Buying Advice" i thought it would be good to make a new one specific for the C300i.

As of now i am planning on getting a C300i instead of the C4050i, but i have some questions left and hope you guys can help me to sort them out

My current configuration is the C300i + DF-714 Dual-Scan + DK-516K Base Cabinet (i decided to not get the Fax-Option FK-514 right now because it`s quite expensive and thinking about installing it later if needed).

Are there any other options i should get? I was thinking about the following:

- KP-102 Keypad (does it have the Start / Stop buttons? and is it useful and durable / robust , cause it`s attached to the display and i don`t want it to be wobbly)

- EK-608 USB-Hostboard (to maybe add a Keyboard later. Is this option useful for anything else?)

- UK-221 WiFi-Option (is this option useful for anything else than connecting the system to my local WiFi? The system will be integrated in my LAN via cable.)

- Maybe later LK-110v2 (The other options like 105v4 and 102v3 are included in this one, right? But still quite expensive )

Is there anything i need to know about the C300i in general?
    Do i need any other Options?
    What is recommended?

I will just buy the system and will do the installation, calibration and maintenance by myself.

Thank you very much for any advice or information

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Bizhub C300i - Buying Advice

I guess you really have to start with for what purpose, environment, and volume machine will be used.
    How many users, network setup should be considered also before we can start talking.
    It's not that easy you know
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I guess you really have to start with for what purpose, environment, and volume machine will be used.
    How many users, network setup should be considered also before we can start talking.
    It's not that easy you know
    I am sure the C300i is a complete overkill for my needs. At first i wanted to just use the C4050i as MFP, but now decided to go for the C300i instead because of the better components, larger service intervals and more possibilities that it offers.

It serves as a Printer and Scanner for 2-3 people. Network is also pretty basic, nothing special here:
    Servers for data and domain management, IP-Phones, some Switches for VLANs. Everything wired. I use WiFi, but just for Smartphones and Notebooks.
    I also have some other Printers and an MFP (Print, Scan, Fax, Copy) in my Network.

So it`s only about the C300i itself, what should it have, what do i need to know before purchase... basically

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Basic engine plus DF and desk should be enough in your case. Dual scan DF if copying/scanning a lot of two sided originals. Anything else is optional and costs a lot so purchase basic and later you can add on if needed. No problem printing from Android and IPhone.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

I share the thought of my friend tsbservice.

Regarding the DF dual scan, I recommend you take it. Now the world is transforming and many more scans are being made.

The printer is very robust and I think you won't need keys and keyboards. For faxing, many people now use online faxing (similar to email), so a physical line is no longer needed. If I were you, I would buy it without optional (except the cabinet that you have already included, that is essential)

In the future you will be able to decide whether to buy LK licenses to integrate some services, but basically, the printer allows you to work equally well.

Enjoy!

Technician

Okay, so i can add on every option i mentioned later? The Keypad, the USB-Hostboard, the WiFi-Option, etc.?

That's right, they are all optional that you can buy in the future.

Technician

Am i right, that the consumables will not stop the system after they have reached their end of life counter?
    E.g. for drum units with a 100k max count. They will (in theory) continue to work forever?
    Same for Developer, Transfer Belt, etc.?
    Do these units have chips?

It is always recommended to replace as needed but the turn off can be disabled during setup.

Unless I missed something, iSeries also have NO STOP by default. So it will continue to work forever. But it is better to always carry out maintenance to avoid finding yourself in failure.