Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C554e during firmware update MF controller shows N.G

Re: C554e during firmware update MF controller shows N.G

I'm onsite now.

• first again tried latest firmware GDN-M1 same issue control N.G
    • Tried downgrading with GDF-M1 same N.G message
    • Fitted new SSD & powered back on with GDN-M1 this time all firmware shows OK & print button is blue.
    • Shut down the machine removed the USB pen.
    • Powered back on machine takes ages to boot up but finally came ready!
    • I believe this machine had the old faulty type SSD & factory firmware so when I updated to the latest 7 year firmware this caused the issue.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    I'm onsite now.

• I believe this machine had the old faulty type SSD & factory firmware so when I updated to the latest 7 year firmware this caused the issue.
    That SSD you pulled out might still be OK, even if it was one of the earlier problem ones.

Since the firmware hadn't been update previously, it's possible that the SSD contained older firmware and couldn't be updated with the main firmware. Toss the SSD into a machine back at the office and run the "SSD Board Tool" (A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m.exe) on it. It will update the firmware if it needs it, or will tell you if the firmware is already updated. If it does update the firmware, then you will also need to run a regular firmware update afterwards as newer main firmware will update the SSD further.

The main firmware won't update the SSD unless the SSD has version 6.03m or newer on it. If it's older you MUST run the SSD Tool first in order to update the SSD to V6.03m.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    That SSD you pulled out might still be OK, even if it was one of the earlier problem ones.

Since the firmware hadn't been update previously, it's possible that the SSD contained older firmware and couldn't be updated with the main firmware. Toss the SSD into a machine back at the office and run the "SSD Board Tool" (A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m.exe) on it. It will update the firmware if it needs it, or will tell you if the firmware is already updated. If it does update the firmware, then you will also need to run a regular firmware update afterwards as newer main firmware will update the SSD further.

The main firmware won't update the SSD unless the SSD has version 6.03m or newer on it. If it's older you MUST run the SSD Tool first in order to update the SSD to V6.03m.
    Exactly my thoughts.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post

Thats a good shout it had SSD version 6.01a so if I had updated that version first then my main fw most likely would have worked! I will keep this the old SSD for the next rebooting loop issue!

As it happens customer rang back saying she cant scan to email & that the scan option is missing? When I first turned the machine on it changed from manual IP to DHCP & lost the original IP so I had to set that back.

Would a new SSD also have turned off the scan to email option!?
    Last edited by copier tech; 05-22-2020 at 07:31 AM.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Check in System 2 that HDD is installed.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Thumbs up Re: C554e during firmware update MF controller shows N.G

very good discussion on the MFP Download N.G.
    today i have seen this issue in KM C454e which is start giving this msg during firmware update.. i have tried to downgrade upgrade firmware but no luck.
    then i have removed the SSD and fix it back by cleaning all pins. but machine was still stuck on the same msg Download NG.

also tried to RESET MFP by tool but not worked . if I tried to on the machine without USB, it freezes on konica Minolta two strips.
    then I have searched the Copytechnet and i just seen your discussion and i am pretty sure that i will make my machine possibly running by tomorrow after replacing the SSD board.

So many Thanks in Advance. keep posting.
    NAMASKAR

Supervisor de Campo 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naren parashar View Post
    muito boa discussão sobre o MFP Download NG
    hoje eu vi esse problema no KM C454e que está começando a dar essa mensagem durante a atualização do firmware.. tentei fazer o downgrade de atualização do firmware, mas sem sorte.
    então eu removi o SSD e corrigi-o limpando todos os pinos. mas a maquina ainda estava travada na mesma msg Download NG.

também tentei RESET MFP por ferramenta mas não funcionou. se eu tentei na máquina sem USB, ele congela na konica Minolta duas tiras.
    então eu pesquisei o Copytechnet e acabei de ver sua discussão e tenho certeza de que farei minha máquina possivelmente funcionar até amanhã depois de substituir a placa SSD.

Muito obrigado antecipadamente. continue postando.
    NAMASCAR

Hi!
    Do the following procedure.
    Disconnect ADF Cable, Remove Fax Card if installed and accessories such as Finisher/Sorter.
    When initializing the Firmware, leave the front door open until it fully climbs the Panel and updates and see the result ok.
    I already got this NG error and it was a failure in the FAX Card plugged in when updating FW, but after the update I came back and the fax card worked ok. BUG really
    Good luck.