Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Bizhub C224 waste toner full

Hi, I met a bizhub C224 today that reported "Waste toner box full".

I went with a full pan but I found that the customer's pan was already empty. So I think there are problems with the sensor that detects the presence of toner in the transparent measuring cup.

There isn't even a lot of dirt in that area but even after cleaning, it keeps returning that message.

Going into the service mod I saw that there are two sensors: the tray presence sensor and the sensor that checks if the tray is full. The former works while the latter works.

I will replace the FRPB. Do you have any ideas?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Bizhub C224 waste toner full

If it gives you message "Waste toner full" then it should be Waste toner full sensor (PS101). May be sensor itself contaminated with toner or dust. Blow some canned air into sensor slits.
    It's rather for those sensors die so indeed if anything else is clear you may need new FRB.
    Good luck buddy
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Post Re: Bizhub C224 waste toner full

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

It sounds lke you are re using the waste boxes.. Have you remove the see through window and cleaned all toner out..your troubleshooting is confusing..you say the tray sensor works and the full sensor works as well. Are you referring to the waste box sensor and do both sensors work?

"Going into the service mod I saw that there are two sensors: the tray presence sensor and the sensor that checks if the tray is full. The former works while the latter works."
    Last edited by emujo2; 05-22-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C224 waste toner full

IIRC there is a clock disk gear on the lower auger, ive seen them break off and give the same message.
    what if you just install a new WTB? seems to be the best place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    IIRC there is a clock disk gear on the lower auger, ive seen them break off and give the same message.
    what if you just install a new WTB? seems to be the best place to start.
    Imho my understanding is that ONLY when photocoupler PS101 optical path is blocked after predetermined time machine will give this message. No augers, gears or else related.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    It sounds lke you are re using the waste boxes..You have you remove the see through window and clean all toner out..your troubleshooting is confusing..you say the tray sensor works and the full sensor works as well. Are you referring to the waste box sensor and do both sensors work?

"Going into the service mod I saw that there are two sensors: the tray presence sensor and the sensor that checks if the tray is full. The former works while the latter works."
    Emujo2, as frequent member here you should already known that Bix is fine and knowledgeable KM tech. And if you weren't such hard hat you eventually may notice that CTN isn't NA region bounded. There is something called language barrier and you know where Berlin is. I'm almost sure that your German spelling may be difficult for Bix to comprehend a word. Most of us other languages speaking techs make great efforts to describe properly our point. Your opinion isn't constructive at all in this case.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

An opinion would be "I think the problem is ...." I asked for clarification, that's all.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Sorry for my language, I still have to improve my english. I forgot an essential "not". However, the sensor that detects if the waste toner box is full does not work. The sensor that detects the presence of the waste toner box works.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Sorry for my language, I still have to improve my english. I forgot an essential "not". However, the sensor that detects if the waste toner box is full does not work. The sensor that detects the presence of the waste toner box works.
    I think you have found your problem. Like tsbservice said, try blowing out the sensor before you replace it, it only takes a second to clean it, and that second of time could save you some money.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...