Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: Bizhub C224 waste toner full

Thanks friends, I update you. I cleaned the sensor unsuccessfully, so I proceeded to replace the Front Board. Replacing the Front Board also didn't help. Theoretically I have read that there is a "waste toner near full" sensor and after about 2,000 pages or an image stabilization, the printer returns the waste toner full state.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C224 waste toner full

I just want to clarify that you may be seeing the message "Waste Toner Box Installation Error". It's very common for endusers to need to snap off the flag on the waste bottle, so it is not identified by the machine.

I've repaired quite a lot of these flags. At one school the endusers had managed to snap off the flags on the waste bottles in three machines and on two replacement bottles. They were quite efficient ... ly stupid.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hi, I met a bizhub C224 today that reported "Waste toner box full".

I went with a full pan but I found that the customer's pan was already empty. So I think there are problems with the sensor that detects the presence of toner in the transparent measuring cup.

There isn't even a lot of dirt in that area but even after cleaning, it keeps returning that message.

Going into the service mod I saw that there are two sensors: the tray presence sensor and the sensor that checks if the tray is full. The former works while the latter works.

I will replace the FRPB. Do you have any ideas?
    Bix in your initial post by pan and tray did you mean WTB?
    Also when you test sensors in test mode are they both pass test OK?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Hi blackcat4866, thanks for the tip but unfortunately it is not my case. The printer says "Waste toner box full".

Hi tsbservice, yes. It is the waste toner box. Only the sensor that detects the presence of the waste toner box works but the one that checks if it is near full does not work.

I have replaced the front board but without success.
    Thanks friends, if anyone has experience on this issue, it is welcome!

Unfortunately next step left is PRCB or wiring from FRB to PRCB. Before that I will do Clear All Data in case some switch got corrupted value.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Thanks, yesterday I cleared the data and rewrite the firmware for safety. I order a new PRCB and will let you know

This is embarassing. I have just replaced the PRCB and finally all the sensors are now working but "Wast Toner Box Full" kept coming out. I've found that the customer has also broken plastic piece that is used to detect the cover is open.
    Now the printer has started working again!
    Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    This is embarassing. I have just replaced the PRCB and finally all the sensors are now working but "Wast Toner Box Full" kept coming out. I've found that the customer has also broken plastic piece that is used to detect the cover is open.
    Now the printer has started working again!
    Thank you all
    Very unfortunate situation but i guess nobody is impeccable. So in reality WTB full message hides front cover open from appearing on control panel and it won't clear with cover open. What a mess! KM must fix this with new FW. I will test machine in office and report back.

I have had very little experience with series 4. From what I have seen, compared to series 4e, they have few updates. If I'm not mistaken, the latest Mass-Production Program firmware is G20-72.
    Furthermore, I still have not understood if dipswitches exist to change version in this model (in the word file it is not present).

Theoretically it could also happen with the 8 series or iSeries, as they too do not reset if I don't close the door (or maybe not. I'll try next time)

I have 8 and i-series in office and was planning to test them cheating door and wtb full sensor but realize that it would be hard to reproduce exactly your situation because machine have to made about 2000 copies between first detection(wtb near full warning) and wtb full machine stop condition.
    The test should be made on stoped machine. Will do this next time when find client with full wtb.