Technician

Bizhub c451 jams from tray 1 and tray 2

I recently picked up a Bizhub c451 to use at home. I knew when I bought it that it jams from tray 1 and tray 2. Some online searches suggests that there are bad sensors in these drawers. I currently only print from the bypass tray or the deep drawer.

Is there a source for these sensors and is there a step by step replacement tutorial or schematic somewhere online?

My background: I live in a town of 700 people and I am able to offer cheap copy service to my fellow townsfolk ONLY because I pick up used machines off Craigslist, etc. and do repair work myself. Although I am not a tech, I've been doing this for over 15 years and have been pretty successful thus far.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Bizhub c451 jams from tray 1 and tray 2

Review this thread.
    konica C550 code 1101
    You may aslo find helpful SM which someone here may send you.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

It really depends on what the symptoms are (never feeds a single page, feeds 5 pages then jams, etc.), and what the jam codes are. On that model, I'm pretty sure the default was to NOT show jam codes when a jam happens, unfortunately. Try running something from each tray, and if it shows the code (which will look like: J##-##) post it back here noting which tray produced which code. Without the code(s), it's just a guessing game.

On a side note, sensors rarely fail. More likely you have an issue with worn feed tires, slipping one-way bearing(s), feed clutche(s), etc. It's not impossible that it's a sensor, just improbable.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Thumbs up Re: Bizhub c451 jams from tray 1 and tray 2

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    It really depends on what the symptoms are (never feeds a single page, feeds 5 pages then jams, etc.), and what the jam codes are. On that model, I'm pretty sure the default was to NOT show jam codes when a jam happens, unfortunately. Try running something from each tray, and if it shows the code (which will look like: J##-##) post it back here noting which tray produced which code. Without the code(s), it's just a guessing game.

On a side note, sensors rarely fail. More likely you have an issue with worn feed tires, slipping one-way bearing(s), feed clutche(s), etc. It's not impossible that it's a sensor, just improbable.
    I really enjoy reading your posts. Great thinking man.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I really enjoy reading your posts. Great thinking man.
    I'm assuming that is a compliment...? I hope.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    I'm assuming that is a compliment...? I hope.
    Not once in the past(not here) I've made opinion for people based on what and how they write. Later I met some of them personally and now they're my friends