Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: C300i

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

C300i

Hey Guys,

I have a C300i (few month old/10k prints) with several "noise-related" calls but never anything re-produceable during the first service visits.

Today I was able to hear a pretty loud and metallic squeeking noise (took a lot of testing time) after processing a print job or if you open and close the front cover and wait a few seconds for the machine to warm up and idle. The noise does not show up during printing so it's only if the fuser/exit parts does their short and slow idling rotations after a job. The noise disappeared immediately if i pushed the idle rollers away from the exit roller so I was shure I found the cause and removed the exit unit, took it apart and cleaned/lubricated every bushing and axis/shafts/idle rollers. Did extended testings then an problem seemed solved and I was presenting myself the hero of the day award but the customer called the same issue in again. From hero to zero in a few hours....

Since it's really hard to re-produce the issue (probably needs a certain temperature window) I'd start replacing the fuser, fuser drive and exit unit as a set or what do you guys think?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: C300i

Hi, there has been some case of vibration of the panel cover on the scanner. Check that the plastic covers don't vibrate. If this should be the problem, put in an extra thickness or screw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hi, there has been some case of vibration of the panel cover on the scanner. Check that the plastic covers don't vibrate. If this should be the problem, put in an extra thickness or screw.
    Thanks for your input - I don't really think it's vibration, sounds more like "iehkuu iehkuu"

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Can you upload the record of noise?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    C300i

I'm not sure if this will help, but I had a C250i right out of the box with a terrible clunking noise. I had to replace the fuser drive under warranty, and that solved it.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Can you upload the record of noise?
    I do have a record made and sent in whatsapp, unfortunately it doesn't show up in my phones whatsapp audio folder, I'll try and investigate to get it out there^^

Edit:

Ah here we go: Google Drive: Sign-in