Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: C284e washes out colors

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Why do they call it a print head in the user guide it a laser
    True, I also was confused when come to Konicas from Toshiba when they call it LSU - laser scanner unit.
    Nevertheless it's just laser unit - diode, poly motor and some lenses and mirrors.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C284e washes out colors

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    We have a client with a c284e that was losing yellow so we replaced yellow drum and developer and that seemed to work for a while then it came back. We also replaced the itb assembly, cleaned sensors , cleaned sub hopper assembly and it came back fine again and then after a week started losing again. Now it is seeming to wash out all colors and yellow is almost completely gone.

We watched it adding toner and the levels are about 2% except for yellow at 8%.

any ideas?
    Take out the yellow dev unit, has it lost its developer?

If so then most likely you have blocked airflow.

Dirt on edge and faded image (blur) caused by developer leakage - Premature Developer Unit Failu.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

KONICA MINOLTA 50+ Posts Walterj's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: C284e washes out colors

[QUOTE = mrfuser; 1488936] Tenemos un cliente con un c284e que estaba perdiendo amarillo, por lo que reemplazamos el tambor amarillo y el desarrollador y eso pareció funcionar por un tiempo y luego regresó. También reemplazamos el conjunto de itb, limpiamos los sensores, limpiamos el conjunto de la sub tolva y volvió a funcionar bien y luego, después de una semana, comenzó a perder nuevamente. Ahora parece lavar todos los colores y el amarillo se ha ido casi por completo.

Lo vimos agregando tóner y los niveles son aproximadamente del 2%, excepto el amarillo al 8%.

alguna idea? [/ CITA]

Good day:
    I recommend you check the HV BOARD and the Sockets.
    If this is stopping you very often it must be that some transistor of the HV BOARD must be working badly.
    This is also caused by the Sockets, I suggest isolating it.
    Any questions write to my email walvaradocruz@gmail.com

Regards.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C284e washes out colors

Ok replaced yellow drums dndv and yellow is super high now and other colors are still washed out and levels show very low. I swapped out the sub hopper assembly and the small gears that mesh at the front don’t seem like they turn like they should to add toner down to dv unit. Is there a trick to installing the sub hopper? I took it out at least 5 times and put it back with same result.

Technician

Sub hopper is usually a very easy fit. Run a TCR auto supply and see if the colours tone up to 6% then run test mode on all colours to see if the hopper refills. I sometimes run it with the exit cover off so I can see if the bottles turn correctly. If you are getting weird issues with density then make sure you clean the IDC sensors and look at replacing the transfer belt/roller. Update firmware and run a gradation adjustment. Are you using official KM toners and are they for the correct model? I have had customer’s fit universal katun toners to a C308 before causing all sorts of density issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk