Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: c253 1101 jam

Technician

c253 1101 jam

Good afternoon
    I have a Bizhub c253 giving me a fit. Jams from tray 1 giving an 1101 code. I have replaced feed tires, addressed the one ways and shafts, cleaned paper feed clutch as well. I have also tried adjusting paper loop. I have used the service mode to check ps 23. The switch does change state every time. When the paper is jammed in the machine it does show the switch is actuated. The paper stops in the exact same spot every time. The paper is in the nip of the timing roller.
    Anyone have any ideas? Can the paper ports be switched between tray 1 and 2 for testing purposes?
    Thanks in advance Chuck

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    c253 1101 jam

Re: c253 1101 jam

you say you "addressed" the one ways and shafts. does that mean you cleaned shaft and replaced the A02E561100 clutch.
    Also could be the CL1 clutch. CL2 is same part number so maybe try swapping them around

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Clean or replace registration roller bushings especially if machine counter is high.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    c253 1101 jam

i didnt do much work on the 353 series but did they have reg roller bushing problems too? i only had them on c364. it was real bad i had one roller i could hardly move by hand. they seemed to fixed it by e series

Technician

Thanks for the advice. i will head back over and try the registration bushings and switch feed clutches. As far as addressing shafts i sanded with emery cloth and checked/oiled one way bearing. I wouldnt think it would could be a clutch because it feeds the paper every time but i will sure try. thanks again for the replies!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    c253 1101 jam

Yes, the registration bushings on this model lock up often. Also, The C454/554.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    c253 1101 jam

oiled the one way bearing?
    i alcohol the crap out of them to remove every drop of oil so they dont slip. for 21 years and only like 3 out of hundreds failed because the grooves were too worn to compress the shaft.
    IMHO thats counterproductive.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    c253 1101 jam

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    oiled the one way bearing?
    i alcohol the crap out of them to remove every drop of oil so they dont slip. for 21 years and only like 3 out of hundreds failed because the grooves were too worn to compress the shaft.
    IMHO thats counterproductive.
    +1 I NEVER OILED one way's

Technician

No kidding? I was always taught to oil one ways. I was told that by our tech rep when i first started this career. (we are kyocera dealer) Ive been oiling them since 1996! Not saying im right though! I was unable to test things i switched between port 1 and 2 today. We are waiting on an image unit. If this doesnt work i will for sure remove oil from one ways and try again. Thanks for all the feedback.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Same here. Always cleaned oneways good with piece of cotton soiled with isopropyl.
    Never lubed but they do factory come with some oil on them ...imho work good without it.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.