Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Dipswitch prints only black and white 4e

Hello guys,
    in the past something in this forum had managed to make your printer print in black and white. By chance there is a dipswitch that allows you to do this?

I don't want to enable authentication or accounts to do this limitation. Is there any trick?

Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Dipswitch prints only black and white 4e

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hello guys,
    in the past something in this forum had managed to make your printer print in black and white. By chance there is a dipswitch that allows you to do this?

I don't want to enable authentication or accounts to do this limitation. Is there any trick?

Thanks!

monochrome driver

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Yes, I've already thought about this. I also wanted the copy function to work exclusively in black and white. I can do it in the authentication setting but I wanted to know if anyone was aware of a dipswitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Yes, I've already thought about this. I also wanted the copy function to work exclusively in black and white. I can do it in the authentication setting but I wanted to know if anyone was aware of a dipswitch.

no dw that i know of ,only set default copies to blk through user settings.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Bix,

I think what you need is Version 1.0.00002_Panel (Panel Customize Tool). It's software made for us techs to set a machine to have the panel display only what the customer wants. I just found out about it from a co-irker and haven't tried it yet but am getting ready to use it to experiment. It's found under the One Stop section of a specific machine and under the Utilities tab. It even works on all the i-series machines.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Bix,

I think what you need is Version 1.0.00002_Panel (Panel Customize Tool). It's software made for us techs to set a machine to have the panel display only what the customer wants. I just found out about it from a co-irker and haven't tried it yet but am getting ready to use it to experiment. It's found under the One Stop section of a specific machine and under the Utilities tab. It even works on all the i-series machines.
    Excellent idea it will work. I tried it before and it's easy peasy. You just check boxes for each function what do you want and what don't.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Excellent idea it will work. I tried it before and it's easy peasy. You just check boxes for each function what do you want and what don't.
    Yep, super easy. I just tried it and that's one of the coolest things I've learned about copier-wise lately! This opens a whole new way of doing things if customers don't want to use authentication. Of course the main caveats are it's global and control panel only.

I just did this on one of our C454e's in the office.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Dipswitch prints only black and white 4e

How did i miss this damn,so many authentication setups for nothing,is this something new or was i completely oblivious to it(im guessing i was)?
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

I would ask what do you do when the customer says I need color for the moment?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiMan View Post
    How did i miss this damn,so many authentication setups for nothing,is this something new or was i completely oblivious to it(im guessing i was)?
    It's not brand new as I work with KonMin now for third year and saw it at the beginning.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.