Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Re: Dipswitch prints only black and white 4e

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    I would ask what do you do when the customer says I need color for the moment?
    Yeah, like I said, that's one of the caveats of it being a global setting. If the customer does want the option to sometimes make color copies, then the only way is using authentication.

Edit to add:

Well crap!!
    I just noticed that Bix was talking about printing in the OP which this Control Panel Customize program has nothing to do with. Dammit, I hate when I miss a little detail like that!
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Yes, I've already thought about this. I also wanted the copy function to work exclusively in black and white. I can do it in the authentication setting but I wanted to know if anyone was aware of a dipswitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post

Edit to add:

Well crap!! i just noticed that Bix was talking about printing in the OP which this Control Panel Customize program has nothing to do with. Dammit, I hate when I miss a little detail like that!
    Read again
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Read again
    Ha ha! I thought I read copy somewhere. CRS is real!! Well, at least I feel a little better now.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Dipswitch prints only black and white 4e

Ha ha! I thought I read copy somewhere. CRS is real!! Well, at least I feel a little better now.
    happens to the best of us brother!

don't let it get to you.

Thumbs up Re: Dipswitch prints only black and white 4e

... Well, at least I feel a little better now.
    You should as I think you're good forum member trying to help fellow tech!
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

This would be good for many other features, but to prohibit color is not one I would use. mainly because this is both Admin and Service mode settings to enable the feature, and once enabled there is no way to allow without a service call. E

This would be good for many other features, but to prohibit color is not one I would use. mainly because this is both Admin and Service mode settings to enable the feature, and once enabled there is no way to allow without a service call. E
    Could you imagine...it isn't always about You and what You will or won't do
    To install print driver and panel customization tool(if i remember correctly) there's no need to access CE mode nor Admin mode...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You have to add the customization file in service mode, then enable it under ADMIN mode..This isn't the part I have an issue with..It's a nice feature, but for a customer that bought a color machine, and to simply remove the color options leaves them no way to utilize color at all without a service call to remove the custome file. Authenticaiton or account track is a better option to control color IMHO..I guess if the customer says " corporate sent us this color machine and we don't ever want to make a color copy" then sure. E

Okay for registration you must use CE mode agree.
    Imagine he Bix has only color machines to lease and Her(Mister) customer tell - we will get your machine but I want no color output for my workers. There are many special cases when one should think out of the box.
    Imho if you're always in the box(comfort zone) mind is sleeping(even great mind).

You have to add the customization file in service mode, then enable it under ADMIN mode..This isn't the part I have an issue with..It's a nice feature, but for a customer that bought a color machine, and to simply remove the color options leaves them no way to utilize color at all without a service call to remove the custome file. Authenticaiton or account track is a better option to control color IMHO..I guess if the customer says " corporate sent us this color machine and we don't ever want to make a color copy" then sure. E
    Actually, that's not quite correct. As long as someone (hopefully not everyone and hopefully the default isn't set) in the customer's office knows the admin password, they can just log into admin and choose "Full Functions" which will allow everything to work properly. If they then want to restrict settings, just go back in through admin and choose the button that has the desired restriction. You can have 3 different files installed on the machine in service mode to restrict different things, depending on what is desired at any given point.

For example, let's say on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, the customer wants color blocked because one of the employees likes to make color copies on those days without permission (obviously this is WAY over-simplified and impractical). The Key Op can just choose the No Color button in admin mode (or whatever you named the cpd file) and that will be set. Then on Tuesdays and Thursdays, somebody else likes to staple hundreds of documents for personal use. The Key Op can just go in and choose the button No Staple and set it on those days. With up to three options to choose from and NOT having to call service to change anything, this is a super handy feature I wish I'd known about years ago.