Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: bizhub c300i frozen on loading

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    We're currently pepping a few C300i in our shop and today on one unit the FW update failed and the system came back with some firmware error message. If you try re-load the firmware (GC1-7B as well) it says NG for the controller, same goes if you try re-load the latest mass production FW (G00-45 I think). USB stick is ok since the next unit upgraded with no issues. Now if you reboot the unit it just stuck @25% loading-bar - I kept it on and try waiting but no miracle changes for 30 minutes so far.
    Better to start your own new thread.
    Anyway try to remove all installed option load stick with GC1-7B but select first MFP Controller FW ONLY. Next reconnect all options and update the rest FWs WITHOUT MFP Controller.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

We're currently pepping a few C300i in our shop and today on one unit the FW update failed and the system came back with some firmware error message. If you try re-load the firmware (GC1-7B as well) it says NG for the controller, same goes if you try re-load the latest mass production FW (G00-45 I think). USB stick is ok since the next unit upgraded with no issues. Now if you reboot the unit it just stuck @25% loading-bar - I kept it on and try waiting but no miracle changes for 30 minutes so far.
    Don't waste time, when MFP controller is NG the STRB is defective. In small cases it is CPUB but you should detail your previous problems. Change it and you will see it start working again! Some files have become corrupted or the Storage Board is defective. it is a known problem, you can probably get it under warranty.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Don't waste time, when MFP controller is NG the STRB is defective. In small cases it is CPUB but you should detail your previous problems. Change it and you will see it start working again! Some files have become corrupted or the Storage Board is defective. it is a known problem, you can probably get it under warranty.

I have reformatted these drives and pounded on them with testing software. there hasn't been 1 that failed. under normal read/ write testing. they do not like overclocking at all however.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Yeah you're probably right - I also had a few cases in the field and all went under warranty.

@Albonline

Sounds interesting, is there any adapter you can recommend us for the drives? I hope KM would implement some recovery tool to reformat the HDD.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Yeah you're probably right - I also had a few cases in the field and all went under warranty.

@Albonline

Sounds interesting, is there any adapter you can recommend us for the drives? I hope KM would implement some recovery tool to reformat the HDD.
    ORICO Transparent NVMe M.2 Enclosure Tool-Free USB3.1 Type-C Gen2 10Gbps to M.2 SSD Enclosure for Intel 660p/Samsung 970 EVO/Samsung970 Pro 2230/2242/2260/2280 PCIe NVMe M-Key SSD up to 2TB - Blue

this is what i have, and a laptop that accepts m.2 drives. Any drive converter should work . i use tstdrv free to format them.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

it is a normal M2 SSD. I also reuse them without problems in computers, just format it the small click. For safety, I install new SSDs in the printers. I think it's more of a firmware problem that corrupts some files.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

[QUOTE=Bix I think it's more of a firmware problem that corrupts some files.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree.

Does anyone already uses some aftermarket SSD successfully instead of KM one's?

I have several similar cases with C250i, but upgrading to 45/75 firmwares solves the problem. Never have a chance upgrade them furthermore.

BR
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.