Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

bizhub c300i frozen on loading

Hello guys,
    it happened again on a bizhub C300i. As soon as you log in, it gets stuck on the upload screen.
    It happened on the same printer three 3-4 months ago. When it happened the first time I had changed the CPUB but it hadn't resolved. I solved it by changing the Storage Board and restoring the original CPUB. Now it has happened again. After 3-4 months from the replacement of the STRB, the printer remained stuck on loading and it has the G00-7B firmware. Another STRB to change again? Has it happened to any of you?

c300i.jpg

I have seen that in GC1-7B there is the writing "The screen freezes in a state of displaying the progress bar at 25% while starting up the MFP by turning the Main Power ON."Maybe it could be my case. I remember the other time, when I had gone to update the firmware, the printer returned NG. Now I will have to go next week and check what happens.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: bizhub c300i frozen on loading

I think there are some issues with the G00-7B firmware. Try loading G00-45 and then upgrade to the latest version.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Bix agree try GC1-7B firmware.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

In my opinion STRGB is damaged

Quote Originally Posted by karel View Post
    In my opinion STRGB is damaged
    I hope not. It would be the second one I replace on this c300i! I will try to see what will happen by updating the firmware. I will also go with a new STRB if necessary. The only problem, for the third time I should redo the installation. Not much fun for the customer.

Technician

I have already thrown away three STRGB for scrap.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karel View Post
    I have already thrown away three STRGB for scrap.
    On one machine?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

It didn't happen to me in the same machine twice

I have been to the place. It gets stuck at 25% even for a simple full diagnostic.

I upgraded to the GC1-7B and the printer turned back on. But with a serious problem! As soon as it was on, it came out "a electronic board has been replaced. Perform data recovery". I have not made any change of electronic board . After data recovery, the printer is formatted, like new.

What happened? I have no idea. Now it has started working again but I had to waste time to reconfigure it. I don't know if it is a procedure foreseen in the firmware or if there is something wrong with the cards. I will keep the situation monitored.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    I have been to the place. It gets stuck at 25% even for a simple full diagnostic.

I upgraded to the GC1-7B and the printer turned back on. But with a serious problem! As soon as it was on, it came out "a electronic board has been replaced. Perform data recovery". I have not made any change of electronic board . After data recovery, the printer is formatted, like new.

What happened? I have no idea. Now it has started working again but I had to waste time to reconfigure it. I don't know if it is a procedure foreseen in the firmware or if there is something wrong with the cards. I will keep the situation monitored.
    We're currently pepping a few C300i in our shop and today on one unit the FW update failed and the system came back with some firmware error message. If you try re-load the firmware (GC1-7B as well) it says NG for the controller, same goes if you try re-load the latest mass production FW (G00-45 I think). USB stick is ok since the next unit upgraded with no issues. Now if you reboot the unit it just stuck @25% loading-bar - I kept it on and try waiting but no miracle changes for 30 minutes so far.