Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Exclamation Konica minolta c458 colors trouble

Good morning everyone,

I have a big issue with a C458. There is a big problem about colors CMY.

I changed all the drums chip 'cause them where in a very good state, refurbished CMY Developer, Black changed with a new one, with a good quality powder and reset chip (you know that Km doesn't release them as OEM but specialized companies does), changed transfer belt, transfer roller, clean all the machine from dust and colour powder, checked all the voltage in Service Mode 'bout transfering colours, calibration of image and stabilization, then did a lot of times colour gradations check printed but machine gave all the time poor colours quality only on CMY. I printed the demo page, the one with bird on it, and so, nothing means nothing.

Everyone of you had a trouble like that?

I hope is not a faulty MB 'cause I changed everything!

Thank you in advance!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: Konica minolta c458 colors trouble

Changing chips on drums doesn't solve the problems. Aesthetically they might seem perfect but it is not so! In series 8 I have few drums capable of making a second life cycle.

So switch to new OEM drums if you don't want to tribulate quality problems. Otherwise you will spend more time trying to solve a problem that will make you lose a lot of money.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Changing chips on drums doesn't solve the problems. Aesthetically they might seem perfect but it is not so! In series 8 I have few drums capable of making a second life cycle.

So switch to new OEM drums if you don't want to tribulate quality problems. Otherwise you will spend more time trying to solve a problem that will make you lose a lot of money.
    First thank you for the reply and advice.

About changing drum chips, I made it a lot of time and only for a second cycle and then replaced with OEM, so maybe now you suggest to replace the DRUMS? CMY ones? Do you think that refurbishing a developer in a professional way could help?

So I will try to change the CMY drums with OEM ones like always, then I will update the problem.

I saw that a colleague had a similar trouble but tried to change MC, this is the last and critical solution for this fix if drums will be the same old poor colours result.

Thank you for now!

:-)

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Print sample please.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

There is a gap between the drum and mag roller on the one side. Happens when you chop and change units from other models.
    Need to change a part out from the original units to the ones you have installed.

Had this before but cant remember what needs to be changed out.

Think it happen when you use K units there is a part on the front side of the drum that is not the same.
    Use the parts from the old units.

You can install new developer and chip on the dev tanks.
    Whatever

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    There is a gap between the drum and mag roller on the one side. Happens when you chop and change units from other models.
    Need to change a part out from the original units to the ones you have installed.

Think it happen when you use K units there is a part on the front side of the drum that is not the same.
    If could be useful, I replaced the drum unit CMY with a black with colour chip each, because black drum unit had more pages yield instead of colours. Maybe this trick is not useful on C458 series? TY

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Agree it totally looks like there are BK drums in the color slots with "incomplete" modding.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Gap? Do you mean the plastic piece one that is on the bottom right side that is used to fit the drum inside the machine?

Is another machine drum but as you know i removed for perfect fit the drum inside the KM.

TY

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Attached Drum Images
    Attached Images Attached Images