Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C-3110, toner issues...

C-3110, toner issues...

Hey guys.. I went back and read some posts on this issue in the past (one of them I commented on myself), but I'm having this happen more frequently, where the BLACK (K) toner is not recognized by the machine... customer will try several new (and even used) toner cartridges, and it just won't reset. In the recent past, I have just chocked this up to putting in a DIFFERENT toner, and that gets the machine going again. I've even taken that SAME defective toner and installed it into a machine in my shop, and it works fine!? So, what's the real story here? Maybe a lack of proper voltage from a board in the machine, that doesn't blow (or talk to) the chip properly, sometimes?
    Thanks in advance!
    OC

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: C-3110, toner issues...

I dunno the answer...but with Engine DIPSW 28 you can force new release of toner cartridge when machine didn't recognize new toner.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C-3110, toner issues...

Re: C-3110, toner issues...

Well, so I went out to the customer today and tried a 3rd toner cartridge and it didn't work either. However, just a small brush of the contacts where the toner chip meets the frame and VOILA... problem fixed...

But I'll certainly keep the soft switch in mind as well.
    Thanks!