Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

C654 network port issue.

Hi everyone,

So I got a c654 whose network port doesn't light up at all. I've changed the cable and plug it to a different port, no changes. Odd thing is when I restart the machine, the network port light up for a while (while connected, it won't if it wasn't connected) before light out again.

It is a hardware issue or is there something in the network cause the problem?

The problem occurs after the network administrator did some changes to the network. There is another c654 in the network but it's running fine.

Also, assuming it is the network port problem, is there alternative solution besides replacing the board itself? Cuz the replacement board comes from another machine and I doubt I can just replace it just like that without certain procedure.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: C654 network port issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyT View Post
    Hi everyone,

So I got a c654 whose network port doesn't light up at all. I've changed the cable and plug it to a different port, no changes. Odd thing is when I restart the machine, the network port light up for a while (while connected, it won't if it wasn't connected) before light out again.

The problem occurs after the network administrator did some changes to the network. There is another c654 in the network but it's running fine.

Also, assuming it is the network port problem, is there alternative solution besides replacing the board itself? Cuz the replacement board comes from another machine and I doubt I can just replace it just like that without certain procedure.
    You should be able to do a network settings initialization either in the administrative mode at the panel or in service mode. A KM Tech would be knowledgeable about how to do this which would clear all the network settings & put the machine in a DHCP mode until you change it to static.C654 network port issue.C654 network port issue.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    You should be able to do a network settings initialization either in the administrative mode at the panel or in service mode. A KM Tech would be knowledgeable about how to do this which would clear all the network settings & put the machine in a DHCP mode until you change it to static.C654 network port issue.C654 network port issue.

Hmm, I tried set to dhcp and reenable in admin mode. No joy.

I give a try and see if it works. It didn't occur to me to initialise in service mode. 😅

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi, you could try to connect directly with your PC. Make sure that the network administrator has not turned on the PoE switch power or any problem with the switch that does not allow DHCP.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi everyone,

Hi man,

a question.

Did you reset default settings on the machine?

Maybe LAN section and obviuously DHCP and so on, is not turned on. Check in Service mode first

Cheers

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C654 network port issue.

Hi everyone,

"The problem occurs after the network administrator did some changes to the network"

Surely this is the issue not the device!?

Connect your laptop up directly to the copier with a patch or crossover cable can you connect to the copier this way?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Okay, so.... as @qbert69 had mentioned I ended up go back into the service mode and do initialise on network settings and after I power cycle it, it works! Oddly enough, I'm not sure what triggers the problem.

Initially I also though it wasn't the device issue since the machine is fine and all until some changes is made on the network. Oddly enough after I check out all the settings on the copier (ip address, dns, etc.) Everything checks out, then I noticed the light is out on the network port and begin to suspect wiring issue, so I switch out new cable and get a cable long enough to reach server room (machine is right beside server room) and directly connect to the switch. Nothing happened.

I panicked and tried off and on via admin panel and it didnt work. Then I noticed that the light both orange and green/yellow turns on when Machines starts up then off again after like 5 seconds? So I I thought the network port is gone already. In the midst of that it didn't occur to me I should reset the network setting in service mode...good thing @qbert69 reminded me..😆

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    "The problem occurs after the network administrator did some changes to the network"

Surely this is the issue not the device!?

Connect your laptop up directly to the copier with a patch or crossover cable can you connect to the copier this way?
    I know right? No I didn't test out directly with laptop but since the copier is close by to the server room, i literally connect it direct to the switch as they have quite a few spare slot.

I only doing in hope to see a light blinking on the network switch or the network port on copier, so it could tell me to focus on the device itself or otherwise.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I should have done that first instead of jumping to conclusion....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I know right? No I didn't test out directly with laptop but since the copier is close by to the server room, i literally connect it direct to the switch as they have quite a few spare slot.

I only doing in hope to see a light blinking on the network switch or the network port on copier, so it could tell me to focus on the device itself or otherwise.
    Also, in the network settings on the MFP, check to see if the connection speed is set to 10/100/1000....I have had a machine NOT connect that was sitting directly below a GBe switch simply because the connection wanted to negotiate at the 1000 speed instead of the slower 10/100!!!C654 network port issue.C654 network port issue.

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Also, in the network settings on the MFP, check to see if the connection speed is set to 10/100/1000....I have had a machine NOT connect that was sitting directly below a GBe switch simply because the connection wanted to negotiate at the 1000 speed instead of the slower 10/100!!!C654 network port issue.C654 network port issue.

Right! I should keep that in mind. That could be the reason as well.