Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Konika Minolta c454e color problem

Re: Konika Minolta c454e color problem

Quote Originally Posted by furius View Post
    Guys, then this morning I disassembled the laser and cleaned everything, I completely cleaned the hopper unit and mounted original toners, replaced the developers, updated firmware, and stabilized the colors, finally the machine is fine !! Excellent prints.
    I have 200 rental machines with compatible toners and I am increasingly counting on compatible toner colors with many problems!
    In any case, thank you very much guys!
    You replaced the developers? what all 4!? Very expensive mistake using compatible.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    You replaced the developers? what all 4!? Very expensive mistake using compatible.
    My guess is No way he replaced whole developer units. Just powder.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Konika Minolta c454e color problem

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    With color toners for so many copies and comparatively low price and cheep black toner for many copies bizhub midrange A3 machines are basically money makers for their owners. I'm talking about original consumables. I can't see why to compromise quality and long term expensive parts life for few dollars.
    I agree except genuine color toners from a dealer (most people buy the toner from where they bought the machine) cost $92 for TN321 color and around $55 for black as one example. They can buy aftermarket for $25. That is a big difference. Not sure if I was an end user with no service contract if I wouldn't give aftermarket a try. Maybe never being told aftermarket was inferior.

I've serviced several machines using aftermarket toners where the quality is perfect, no difference from OEM. I still warn the customer about using aftermarket and how it only takes 1 bad toner to crash a dev unit, and they cost $600 each! Convinced most to switch back to genuine.
    Also will not put a machine under contract if they use aftermarket or will cancel contract if they start using aftermarket.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi!

First use genuine toner, than refurbish or buy a new black developer!

600k copies are a lot of!

Cheers!