Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: What is the purpose of this black film on bizhub 227?

I find this in every new installation of bizhub 227. In the installation manual there is no reference to what this is.
    The dimensions are 220x225. Inside me I have this curiosity every time and must understand what it is hahah

bigd.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Any adhesive on it anywhere? I don't do machine setup, so I've never personally seen what a 227 comes with, and I'd have to wait until the end of the weekend to see if any of the guys in the office doing setup has a clue.

With something that size, all I could even imagine was maybe something you'd stick to the underside of the scanner assembly in the output area to prevent paper from catching on something under there.

You've got my interest peaked now!
    Last edited by femaster; 07-03-2020 at 11:18 PM.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Any adhesive on it anywhere?
    Nope it's just like black maybe vinyl piece of sheet.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    What is the purpose of this black film on bizhub 227?

Honestly it looks like a great thing to cover the drum while it's out of the machine!
    Last edited by Synthohol; 07-04-2020 at 02:51 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Today i setup 2 bizhub 227, remember this topic and installed questionable sheet.
    I usually throw it but today i install like it should be
    I dont quite understand misunderstanding where to put sheet ,install manual clearly show location to install sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Today i setup 2 bizhub 227, remember this topic and installed questionable sheet.
    I dont quite understand misunderstanding where to put sheet ,install manual clearly show location to install sheet.

Lol, Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Clearly some installation manuals don't have that info included
    Attached Files Attached Files
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You are right,i barely can remember but i think when this 227 just come to us for the first time they did not come with this sheet and install manual also does not have any info about it.
    Maybe over year ago 227 start to come with this sheet and changed install manual.
    Its little strange they supply sheet and old install manual without info about where to install ...

Well my understanding is KM install manuals aren't their best. Recentlly I installed a batch of DF-632 on C250i machines and every DF manual has mistake in skew adjustment section.
    DF 632.pdf

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

So instead of giving a fully enclosed manual holder, they provide a "frame" and you use the flimsy sheet to make up for the few cents in plastic they saved on the holder? Wow...
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

hahaha, amazing!
    Great job boy. The problem is that in my manuals I am either very distracted or not present. Thanks for sharing.