Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: C3350

C3350

Really going through it with this c3350 maybe 50k total pgs, came in prediagnosed by my sponsor formatter bd, ok it starts up. Admin pwd is default. I cannot get into secure setup or enhanced secure mode what not. My buttons are disabled for internet firmware, they have a proxy and it is on a 2 wk waitlist so... And of course the adf 'initialize fail.' I can't find the p/n for the little springs between callouts 2&3 on pg 706, and i'm doing domain level admin with no rights for scan to smb share, enchante! Finding the f/w would be a plus. Is that licensing? I mean the whole button is obviously there for certain functions ie it has 1&5 the stop22200 stop did not work.

Re: C3350

what i suspect on 'adf initialize' error, i dont hear the clutch click or anything, these two springy contacts were non-uniform and sprang out and didn't go back in right, i assume the 2 contacts down there will get a qtip and a little alcohol, looking for the other sensors,
    it prints, including off the network, i have smb sharing setup with some difficulty in the control panel vs the web interface.
    again, the main vexing issue is the inability to login to the 'enable' mode or whatever
    scan to net is failing, i have known good network credentials, again proxy involved and unknown location of DC/and their SMTP setup is also secondary, PQ is good.

Dropbox - c3350 - Simplify your life
    Last edited by V8Driver; 07-07-2020 at 01:24 AM. Reason: link

HDD not encrypted and/or Enhanced Security not enabled?
    CE login good. admin login good.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by V8Driver View Post
    these two springy contacts were non-uniform and sprang out and didn't go back in right, i assume the 2 contacts down there will get a qtip and a little alcohol, looking for the other sensors,

Dropbox - c3350 - Simplify your life
    It sounds like you are thinking these spring tabs (you are pointing to in the pictures) are electrical contacts? They are not, they are simply the tabs that hold the ADF access cover closed. If the cover stays closed securely and evenly, they should be fine.

Not sure what to make of the rest of your issues though.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...