Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: DF 617 on Bizhub C360 do not work

Might be a wild guess, but does the firmware for the DF match the version of the machine? Also in some instances accessories after a certain s/n could not be used on earlier versions of the model. I know this was true on a few finishers, but not sure about ADFs. E

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

If the copier has the ability to do scan to email or SMB, etc., try running scans through the ADF at different resolution settings. From my experience, service mode paper passage tests scan the pages at a different speed than copying does. Adjusting the resolution when you do a scan to email/SMB/etc. will also cause the ADF to scan at varying speeds. See if it will pass paper successfully at a faster or slower scan rate. If it's not set up to scan, you could also try sending a fax if it has that capability. Faxes will scan faster than a copy.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: DF 617 on Bizhub C360 do not work

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    If the copier has the ability to do scan to email or SMB, etc., try running scans through the ADF at different resolution settings. From my experience, service mode paper passage tests scan the pages at a different speed than copying does. Adjusting the resolution when you do a scan to email/SMB/etc. will also cause the ADF to scan at varying speeds. See if it will pass paper successfully at a faster or slower scan rate. If it's not set up to scan, you could also try sending a fax if it has that capability. Faxes will scan faster than a copy.

I like what I read. He can also easy scan to USB thumb drive with different resolutions.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post

and when scanning df behaves in the same idiotic way scanning through smb and copying works only from the glass, sheet by sheet

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Might be a wild guess, but does the firmware for the DF match the version of the machine? Also in some instances accessories after a certain s/n could not be used on earlier versions of the model. I know this was true on a few finishers, but not sure about ADFs. E

the machine was purchased with this df and worked with it until a week ago, and what happened for now just to guess, even the customer can not give me an answer when and how it happened

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    DF 617 on Bizhub C360 do not work

Quote Originally Posted by copycommerce View Post
    On Bizhub C360 the taking of originals from DF-617 does not work (the sheet starts and stops). We replaced DF with another - and it does not work. In the service menu the DF test works correctly, the machine does not have a service code.
    If anyone has had a similar problem, we would be grateful if it would help.
    I can't see anywhere that you updated the firmware?

This maybe worth a try sounds like it has become corrupt.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk