Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help

Please Help

I have a problem with konica minolta bizhub 601.Error code C 5401 ( IH power ) .The machine 110 volt use Fusing unit with element not heater lamp.Please help...

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Please Help

Re: Please Help

thats not an accurate error code for that machine, c5401 does not exist.
    please re-check your information.
    Last edited by Synthohol; 07-07-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

And the 601 did not use the IH system. E

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Please Help

What have you done so far? Try and do a trouble reset at least? You can Google procedure to do trouble reset.

The others are correct. I've rebuilt many of these fuser units and they use heat lamps not IH system.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    What have you done so far? Try and do a trouble reset at least? You can Google procedure to do trouble reset.

The others are correct. I've rebuilt many of these fuser units and they use heat lamps not IH system.
    I have bizhub 601 with "Japan only Model".Use IH system.
    I already did troble reset , I changed fusing unit , I changed Power supply Board , I changed PRCB board , but the voltage to the element is absent.
    so the fusing isn't hot.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    And the 601 did not use the IH system. E
    There are types of machines like that. Use Japan only Model system....

Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by fredi adinata View Post
    There are types of machines like that. Use Japan only Model system....
    Very interesting. Looked in the parts book and sure enough it shows the different fuser. Probably why that trouble code is different, only used in Japan.

I never really had any problems with the USA style fuser. Easy to rebuild. As long as you kept a good web roller in it rollers lasted a long time. I've seen rollers with half the teflon coating off and still make a decent print.

Let me ask you a question, does Japan version 601 have the dreadful toner recycling system or was that just sent to USA for punishment from WWII ?

As others and I have said on this forum this model footprint Di-5510 to Biz 601 were toner PIGS! It might have been much better if they didn't recycle the waste toner and it went into a collection bottle. Never could figure out why they didn't realize paper dust, etc contaminates the developer when recycled, but they kept using this system for like 10 yrs with different models! I had to suffer servicing this pig. Glad the last one I had was thrown into dumpster about a year ago.

Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by fredi adinata View Post
    I have bizhub 601 with "Japan only Model".Use IH system.
    I already did troble reset , I changed fusing unit , I changed Power supply Board , I changed PRCB board , but the voltage to the element is absent.
    so the fusing isn't hot.
    Seems like you covered everything. Is there a separate pwr sup for the IH fuser or is that what you replaced?

You even replaced the PRCB board that would trigger the fuser to turn on.

Do you have access to Kon/Min website to look at knowledge base? If not I will look for you but not sure they would have Japan model information.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Very interesting. Looked in the parts book and sure enough it shows the different fuser. Probably why that trouble code is different, only used in Japan.

I never really had any problems with the USA style fuser. Easy to rebuild. As long as you kept a good web roller in it rollers lasted a long time. I've seen rollers with half the teflon coating off and still make a decent print.

Let me ask you a question, does Japan version 601 have the dreadful toner recycling system or was that just sent to USA for punishment from WWII ?

As others and I have said on this forum this model footprint Di-5510 to Biz 601 were toner PIGS! It might have been much better if they didn't recycle the waste toner and it went into a collection bottle. Never could figure out why they didn't realize paper dust, etc contaminates the developer when recycled, but they kept using this system for like 10 yrs with different models! I had to suffer servicing this pig. Glad the last one I had was thrown into dumpster about a year ago.
    All types of bizhub 601 use a toner recycling system. But me and my friend have found a solution. Reduce the toner hole in the toner supply unit using foam. The hole that functions to flow the toner into developing. The hole in main hopper.The hole is too big. So the toner flows freely to the developing unit .If you use refill toner, remove all the toner in the toner supply unit. But if you use original toner, you don't need to throw it out. After that, Set DipSW (23-2, 23-3) to 1, DipSW (27-2) to 1