Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Konica Minolta C754 W/ Fiery E100

Hi guys,

we currently have a customer with a fiery E100 and when they use command workstation, they try to add the fiery, its 192.168.x.x is not supported when trying to add?

Never come across this before. We can ping the fierys current IP address. we have tried to update command workstation.

Any suggestions would be appreciated !

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: Konica Minolta C754 W/ Fiery E100

LOL, you need an older version of CWS. the new versions do not support legacy controllers.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    LOL, you need an older version of CWS. the new versions do not support legacy controllers.

dont suppose if you know i can download an older version?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    dont suppose if you know i can download an older version?

I have tried downloading the 5.3 and 5.8 version but the downloads wont complete due to an error and when i have tried to download the 6.4 version is just automatically downloads the lastest version??

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Our c554e runs the E100-06 Fiery and we use CWS 6.4
    We use 5.x for our older presses, and when needed I tended to Google the version I required rather than try to navigate to it using the EFI website.
    I think you're looking for the FieryApplicationPackage44 file name when downloading, but not 100% sure, but that's the one in my downloads folder on the PC running 6.4
    Mark

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raplma View Post
    Our c554e runs the E100-06 Fiery and we use CWS 6.4
    We use 5.x for our older presses, and when needed I tended to Google the version I required rather than try to navigate to it using the EFI website.
    I think you're looking for the FieryApplicationPackage44 file name when downloading, but not 100% sure, but that's the one in my downloads folder on the PC running 6.4
    Mark
    i have tried looking for a older version but i just cant find it. i forgot to mention the customer is using a Mac, i just tried connecting on my laptop which has version 6.3 and it has actually connected to the fiery. i dont suppose you have a link for the 6.3 download do you?

as i say when i try to download the 6.4 version it just automatically installs the 6.5 version which doesnt work

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

TBH I'm a little rusty on this.
    It sounds like you're downloading the Fiery-Software-Manager, which will install the latest version.
    PM me your email address, and I'll WeTransfer over the FieryApppackage43 and FieryApppackage44, IIRC they will instal on either Mac or PC, forgive me for not trying on my mac but our macs run the older CWS and I don't want to fudge that up. Our PC's run the newer versions as they run the newer MFP's and presses.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    i have tried looking for a older version but i just cant find it. i forgot to mention the customer is using a Mac, i just tried connecting on my laptop which has version 6.3 and it has actually connected to the fiery. i dont suppose you have a link for the 6.3 download do you?

as i say when i try to download the 6.4 version it just automatically installs the 6.5 version which doesnt work

not sure if this is any help, but if you open the IP of the Fiery in a browser, on one of the Tabs, downloads I believe there 2 files you can download 1 of them is CWS 5.4 or 5.5.

I think only for windows though.

if not: EFI - Fiery Command WorkStation Download - Downloads

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Slept on it and a couple of things came to mind.
    You'll have a window of what CWS is compatible with the mac and what is compatible with the fiery.
    Depending on how old their mac is and which OS it runs, mac has dropped 32bit support, so you may have to run 6.3 and over anyway.
    This is a useful link to a table which lists Fiery System version and CWS version compatibility, EFI Fiery system vs CWS version
    The two files I have won't work on the mac, but the link above and the link posted previously from what EFI say should download 6.4
    So our E100 is running Fiery System 10e with CWS 6.4 on PC and the 5.8 on the mac connecting fine.
    Mark