Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Shady Konica Bizhub seller

Hello,

I want to know what is happening here as I am about to do a chargeback on PayPal.
    I bought a machine from eBay last year (C284e) all was good and it lasted 4-5 months and I started to see lines on my prints. I went to the same company and bought another £600 machine and I am now in the same position with a faulty printer with lines down the page and graduation is not great.

When I received this second machine the drum units were on 0% and the seller said they changed the chips on them? But the date on the right says 2015 which I assume is the installation date?

I spoke to the seller and they are not happy that I want a refund after 4 months, which if I'm honest does seem a long time but for a machine that was sold as 80% consumables I'd expect much more life out of it considering I do around 5,000 pages a month, so technically I have only done around 20k pages.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Shady Konica Bizhub seller

Quote Originally Posted by schmeckles22 View Post
    Hello,

I want to know what is happening here as I am about to do a chargeback on PayPal.
    I bought a machine from eBay last year (C284e) all was good and it lasted 4-5 months and I started to see lines on my prints. I went to the same company and bought another £600 machine and I am now in the same position with a faulty printer with lines down the page and graduation is not great.

When I received this second machine the drum units were on 0% and the seller said they changed the chips on them? But the date on the right says 2015 which I assume is the installation date?

I spoke to the seller and they are not happy that I want a refund after 4 months, which if I'm honest does seem a long time but for a machine that was sold as 80% consumables I'd expect much more life out of it considering I do around 5,000 pages a month, so technically I have only done around 20k pages.
    Hi Schmeckless22

If you would like a second opinion on this machine to give an independent report back to your supplier please let me know. I am fully KM trained and work for an accredited KM dealer. If these machines are not fit for purpose I could also quote you for more suitable machines feel free to reply here or PM me

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If they re chipped them, the consumables would be showing 100% - whatever you have run. That being said, re chipping does nothing other than lying to the machine and saying "you have a new consumable". The machine is now applying any needed correction values based on a new consumable. My advice would be to run away from anyone that boasts that they have re chipped the units.

I know the display has changed over the years, but the consumables should be showing a percentage remaining and the estimated date of exhaustion. Not sure if the gas gages go from right to left or vice versa. I think you might as well drop your drawers on this one..E

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Probably they are decommissioned printers, without being reconditioned and sold off to avoid being taken to landfill.

I know we talked about this in another thread...may be the same poster..When these machines come back off a 3-5 year lease, they are nothing more than junk to the vendors, a small pecentage may be able to be refurbed and sold, and some can be used for salvage, but any that do not have to go back to the leasing company get wholesaled to private companies..They get invited to look at the machines and offer a bid..It's not much more than what it waould cost to truck them to a landfill, but the wholesellers won't even bid if there isn't something worth it in the pile..So they may get 100 5 year old machines and may be able to re-sell 15% of these, but their profits are skyhigh, as they are not putting 1 dime in before they are sold. Nothing more than a blast of compressed air and a quick wipe down. E

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I buy off lease machines all the time. I buy low meter machines and they are great! Make a lot of profit and customer saves a lot of money. Everyone happy.

As for your problem I don't think you are entitled to any refund. You bought a $600 machine. If it needs a drum, etc you are still way ahead with what you paid. Think your mistake is you are buying high meter machines. If you want all good consumables pay more for low meter machine. I look at it this way, if you buy a used car with high mileage you are responsible for maintaining it.

If you knew what the meters were and you bought the machine why do you think you deserve a refund? If I was the seller I would never refund your money!

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

If you bought on ebay for £600 that's a far price for that machine remember if the say the the is fully refurbished it can't be if it was they be selling for more like £1800 as cost of all the drums, dev units, fuser etc and most dealers rechip drums and dev units because of cost if parts are replaced when 1st due you would never get copy quality problems.

Just call a credited engineer and replace parts as and when needed only oem
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I buy off lease machines all the time. I buy low meter machines and they are great! Make a lot of profit and customer saves a lot of money. Everyone happy.

As for your problem I don't think you are entitled to any refund. You bought a $600 machine. If it needs a drum, etc you are still way ahead with what you paid. Think your mistake is you are buying high meter machines. If you want all good consumables pay more for low meter machine. I look at it this way, if you buy a used car with high mileage you are responsible for maintaining it.

If you knew what the meters were and you bought the machine why do you think you deserve a refund? If I was the seller I would never refund your money!
    Agree.

Also seen this posted before, maybe somebody(company) trying to ruin competition reputation
    I'm very close to RC topic starter it's just wasted real techs time.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

What shady copier reseller? No really, would never have guessed.
    Whatever

You know, the fact that he went back to the same company and paid another 600 pounds is pretty telling in itself..Fool me once shame on you....