Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Shady Konica Bizhub seller

Re: Shady Konica Bizhub seller

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    You know, the fact that he went back to the same company and paid another 600 pounds is pretty telling in itself..Fool me once shame on you....
    that was my quandary also.

that'd be like remarrying an ex wife that stole from you and cheated on you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

So you want a refund because the guy you bought the 600 pound machine from didn't throw in 600 pounds in drum units?
    Even though it was fine for 4 months? I don't even warranty a new machine for 4 months. Consumables are NEVER covered under a warranty.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wjurls View Post
    So you want a refund because the guy you bought the 600 pound machine from didn't throw in 600 pounds in drum units?
    Even though it was fine for 4 months? I don't even warranty a new machine for 4 months. Consumables are NEVER covered under a warranty.
    We get some people bitching like the OP.
    Like someone mentioned what type of warranty do you expect on a clunker used car?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

I agree with you only on one condition: if there was no refurbished printer in the ad, then you are all right. If you put me a refurbished printer (so you have replaced the consumables, otherwise it is not refurbished .. you have perhaps only cleaned it), you have cheated me. Besides, I pretend to know whether it used OEM or aftermarket. Whatever the selling price was.

If the new drum says to make at least 100k, it cannot make 10k (unless the customer has done something wrong). In fact, the customer has to prove that the printer has been treated well and this is complicated. In my country, 1 year warranty on second handsecond hand is mandatory. The customer must find the defect within 6 months to be considered valid.

If the seller has specified that the consumables have not been replaced, then the customer must first consider the counters and make his own conclusions. In this case, it cannot claim replacement of consumables. For this reason we prefer only the rental of used printers and not the sale. If you rent and there is some serious problem, you can always replace the printer and do whatever you want to not lose money and have a happy customer.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If the seller says "your consumables are new", but only re chipped them I think he has a legit gripe..If the machine was sold "as is" then he's out of luck..But, if it was me, I would be making a really big stink about it and try to make him lose business. E

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Nothing wrong with chipping units, as long as there's more life to be had on the consumables. If you think about, it, all the KMs have built-in programming to allow the units to go past their life, so why would this be an issue? The problem is, somebody bought something off eBay and had NO GUARANTEES whatsoever to the condition, but only spent $600 (I know his statement was in "lbs" not dollars, but same/same). If someone buys a higher end machine online, only pays a pittance for it, then expects longevity out of it, THAT'S where the problem lies! I call this ENTITLEMENT and see it happen every day! All you can do is laugh at people like that and move on...

OC

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    If the seller says "your consumables are new", but only re chipped them I think he has a legit gripe..If the machine was sold "as is" then he's out of luck..But, if it was me, I would be making a really big stink about it and try to make him lose business. E
    If I was buying a machine for $600 and the seller told me it had new supplies I would run away. It's just common sense there would be no way someone could make money putting all new supplies and selling for $600.

As for the original poster, buy all less expensive black drums and put color chips on them. I only use chips when doing this or when I rebuild a drum unit. I don't chip used drums, only turn off messages and replace when issue like lines, etc. When you chip a used drum the voltages, etc are reset when machine thinks it's a new drum. This can cause issues.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Probably a case of "you get what you've paid for"...

On the other hand there is no need in bluffing the customers and causing false illusions by resetting/chipping any units. Better leave it as it is and disable life stop. Copyman described the side effects.....

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    Nothing wrong with chipping units, as long as there's more life to be had on the consumables. If you think about, it, all the KMs have built-in programming to allow the units to go past their life, so why would this be an issue? The problem is, somebody bought something off eBay and had NO GUARANTEES whatsoever to the condition, but only spent $600 (I know his statement was in "lbs" not dollars, but same/same). If someone buys a higher end machine online, only pays a pittance for it, then expects longevity out of it, THAT'S where the problem lies! I call this ENTITLEMENT and see it happen every day! All you can do is laugh at people like that and move on...

OC
    Why chip the units and reset the voltages, etc with an overlife drum? Just turn off the messages and run until a quality issue.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Everyone of these consumables has a life limit. All of us know that some consumables will go well past this limit w/o any noticeable adverse affects so many of the vendors put in software to allow the units to run last their life limits. But, KM does not do this by electronically saying "you have a new item, go ahead with your day'. If the item is over count by 125% the device controller is aware and continues making CQ decisions based on the true life count. Re chipping resets the counts w/o replacing the unit, so now you have a controller making decisons based on what it has been told..I am now applying changes based on this new item that in reality has gone past it's limit. I don't care how many techs do this, it's not my problem, I do not and would never recommend buying anything that has been re chipped.