Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    auto delete documents in userbox after printing

I have setup a site with Email RX Print

The idea is that at the end of the day they access the Userbox with all the RX jobs in them and print them in one go.

Is there a option to have Userbox documents delete after printing? They need to delete after being printed to avoid double ups.

The best I found was to just have the files delete after 8 hours so the next day the userbox is empty and ready for a new days worth of printing.

However if they dont get to print them out one day for any reason by the time they try to print them the next day they will already have been deleted

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: auto delete documents in userbox after printing

Try this:

[Utility]
    [Administrator Settings]
    [System Settings]
    [User Box Settings]
    [Document Hold Setting]
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

it only allows, days, hours up to 12 or never delete.

is it not possible for it to delete after it prints?

i know thats not how you would normally use a userbox but RX Print only allows directly printing or userbox

I have not seen the LK 110 v2 in use, but I have gone through the settings. I would have thought that any admin settings applied to user boxes would be applied to an Email RX sent to the user box. As already posted the Document HOLD settings delete any printed documents either auto or you can have a prompt. Since you say the users can set the delete time of their stored docs, I wonder if you have to take away this permission and override with the admin settings. E

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    I have not seen the LK 110 v2 in use, but I have gone through the settings. I would have thought that any admin settings applied to user boxes would be applied to an Email RX sent to the user box. As already posted the Document HOLD settings delete any printed documents either auto or you can have a prompt. Since you say the users can set the delete time of their stored docs, I wonder if you have to take away this permission and override with the admin settings. E
    this is first time ive used the feature in about 10 years.

also noticed you cant pick a paper tray to use. i know if you print a document to a userbox it will listen to what ever the driver setting where when u sent the job but no way to specify that with RX Printing so forced to let it use the default A4 tray

they dont use userboxes on this copier except for the storing of RX print jobs so even if it was forced on all boxes it wouldnt bother anyone. i cant check for few more days but ill let you know the outcome, thanks.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Did you try Document Hold Setting?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Have you tried secure print?

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Have you tried secure print?
    its not a option with RX print. its either userbox or print. direct print isnt a option since they want to print on a nicer paper but with print option you cant specify a paper source so it just goes to the default tray

the only way to make it print on better paper is to load the default tray then release them in bulk.
    plus they are somewhat confidential documents and they cant be standing up over 100x a day to quickly collect prints before someone accidentally see's it.

if delete after printing is in fact a option i have overlooked thats problem solved, so will know in a few days