Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    BH-C-360, MAC-OS faulty K empty indication

Contract customer called me in panic today that her BH-C-360 suddenly is without K-toner and the machine stopped printing. I told her that the machine way before warns that the toner should be replaced soon. Her answer was no, her MAC's are showing all the time, for ever, in the MAC driver that the toner needs replacement but the machine itself showed a full bar graphic and the machine continued working since month's with this situation.

Question, can it be true that MAC's are having a problem in their driver that the toner and other consumables are not giving proper information? I heard before that MAC's where nagging about TB replacement in the driver but that they would show the need for toner replacement though enough toner present and therefore confusing the operator is new to me.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: BH-C-360, MAC-OS faulty K empty indication

doesnt the copier have a gas gauge for toner?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Are you sure she isn't mistaking an end of life K drum for empty toner? A Mac driver will forever nag you whenever any of the items reach end of life, even if you have all the long-life settings set not to display and to keep going...
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

you could just disable SNMP with only minor side effects.

or maybe disable the consumables life display with the bit switch (not sure if the C360 had this option though)

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Contract customer called me in panic today that her BH-C-360 suddenly is without K-toner and the machine stopped printing. I told her that the machine way before warns that the toner should be replaced soon. Her answer was no, her MAC's are showing all the time, for ever, in the MAC driver that the toner needs replacement but the machine itself showed a full bar graphic and the machine continued working since month's with this situation.

Question, can it be true that MAC's are having a problem in their driver that the toner and other consumables are not giving proper information? I heard before that MAC's where nagging about TB replacement in the driver but that they would show the need for toner replacement though enough toner present and therefore confusing the operator is new to me.

Hans
    These toner bottles do not have a chip, so say the machine runs out of toner a user removes, shakes & refits the bottle back it will show full on the toner gauge display.

When they start to print it will go from full to empty in just a few prints.

This is the most likely scenario in my experience.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

never understood the shake and refit mentality. how can you be so lazy that youd rather do like 66% of the work instead of 100%. just go get a new toner bottle. its like going to the gas station and pretending to refill the tank

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    doesnt the copier have a gas gauge for toner?
    "toner needs replacement but the machine itself showed a full bar graphic"

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    never understood the shake and refit mentality. how can you be so lazy that youd rather do like 66% of the work instead of 100%. just go get a new toner bottle. its like going to the gas station and pretending to refill the tank
    I use a similar analogy with customers, if your car is low on petrol, would you shake it side to side to get more petrol out of it......
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post

You know what customers are like they'll do anything to get the last few prints out & go home.

Then book a call the following day for C-2557 error!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    I use a similar analogy with customers, if your car is low on petrol, would you shake it side to side to get more petrol out of it......

This is leftover standard processes from previous decades of copier models..Because removing and shaking bottle would free up small clumps of toner and actually allow you to get those 100 more copies..Today the bottles are designed to prevent these clumps and the bottle even turns backward every so often to assist in the process..Now to save money and to prevent customers from replacing bottles that have not emptied we turn off low toner and replace toner. Now customers run out and never know they should have ordered..E