Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BH-363 dead

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Re: BH-363 dead

I'm pretty sure there is a bitswitch that can be changed to fix that, but I don't recall what it is. I'll try to remember to ask at the office tomorrow, I know that have it documented somewhere...
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

There was a B/W version of the C360...
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    BH-363 dead

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    There was a B/W version of the C360...
    Really? Never seen one but I bet it was super reliable.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Yep! See attached pictures.

Attachment 46226Attachment 46228Attachment 46227

Hans

Wrong/Corrupted Movie data?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is a bitswitch that can be changed to fix that, but I don't recall what it is. I'll try to remember to ask at the office tomorrow, I know that have it documented somewhere...
    Although I could get behind the idea that a softswitch could enable/disable the color selection, what could be the possible reason to put a softswitch in for color selection on a B&W model. What does your printer config sheet look like? Generic or 363?

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Really? Never seen one but I bet it was super reliable.

My bad, checked now. I was thinking of the Bizhub 360 b/w machine. Konica POS.
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    the display showing is the display of a color machine not as it should be B&W for a BH-363. Though the machine appears to work mechanically (prints come out solid black but that might have another reason yet) it is unacceptable to have this stupid color display in a mono machine. Obviously was my first impression right that someone, perhaps the wholesaler, messed up with the original NVRAM in this otherwise nice and very clean machine.

Any ideas how to get rid of this display bungle?
    Sorry it took me so long, they could not find the reference material at the office today. Took me quite some time to track it down, but I finally found it...

NOTE: Switch 10 referenced in the article will wipe out some of the settings in the machine if you've already gone through it. I know it clears out things like network settings, but I can't remember the rest. Hopefully it will already be set correctly, as switch 10 deals with the brand indication, (Konica Minolta vs Generic, etc.) that shows up on reports and in PageScope.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by femaster; 07-21-2020 at 12:17 AM.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    BH-363 dead

Interesting info guys. Thanks, will dig in it next week. Got in the meantime the information that indeed one messed up and likely put the BH-363 B&W NVRAM into a BH-C-280 color machine before..........
    For the moment the machine is back in storage, have no time. I got now for the purpose a BH-283 to satisfy the customer for the moment but for sure I'll come back on that spooky BH-363.

Thanks again all of you.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Sorry it took me so long, they could not find the reference material at the office today. Took me quite some time to track it down, but I finally found it...

NOTE: Switch 10 referenced in the article will wipe out some of the settings in the machine if you've already gone through it. I know it clears out things like network settings, but I can't remember the rest. Hopefully it will already be set correctly, as switch 10 deals with the brand indication, (Konica Minolta vs Generic, etc.) that shows up on reports and in PageScope.
    Exactly what I was told by KonMin rep.
    "DO NOT MODIFY SWITCH 10 if you don't want weird messages and glitches."
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.