Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Technician
    Request bizhub c220 firmware


    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    2

    Question Request bizhub c220 firmware

    Hi guys,
    recently I became the owner of an old Konica Minolta bizhub c220 which has never seen a firmware update.

    I'd be very grateful if someone would be able to send me a pm or mail since I wasn't able to find anything on the internet.

    Thanks in advance,
    greets,
    Clemens

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Request bizhub c220 firmware

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,496
    Rep Power
    219

    Re: Request bizhub c220 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by TryToCopy View Post
    Hi guys,
    recently I became the owner of an old Konica Minolta bizhub c220 which has never seen a firmware update.

    I'd be very grateful if someone would be able to send me a pm or mail since I wasn't able to find anything on the internet.

    Thanks in advance,
    greets,
    Clemens
    are you having any problems with it?

    what makes you think you need firmware?

  3. #3
    Technician
    Request bizhub c220 firmware


    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Request bizhub c220 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    are you having any problems with it?

    what makes you think you need firmware?
    It is an old machine from the place i work, it had some issues so my boss bought a newer model and gave the old one to me, so i could try fixing the problems and use it for myself.
    Shortly after I got it, I read in some forums that suggested to reset the Printer through the Service Mode what I did then.
    All of the former software issues where fixed by that, but I had to put aside the project, due to a lack of time. That was 9 month ago.
    At my workplace the printer hasnt seen any technician, except me, for around 2 to 3 years. Makes it summed up around 3 to 4 years surely no firmeware update. (I don't know if there are any updates that came out in that time)

    A few days ago I started the project again and there seemed to be some functions missing some guys were talking about on a youtube video.
    So I was thinking that it might be due to a missing firmeware update.

    You can find screenshots of my printers firmeware dialog attached (page 4 and 5 have no entries)

    Greets
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Request bizhub c220 firmware

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,496
    Rep Power
    219

    Re: Request bizhub c220 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by TryToCopy View Post
    It is an old machine from the place i work, it had some issues so my boss bought a newer model and gave the old one to me, so i could try fixing the problems and use it for myself.
    Shortly after I got it, I read in some forums that suggested to reset the Printer through the Service Mode what I did then.
    All of the former software issues where fixed by that, but I had to put aside the project, due to a lack of time. That was 9 month ago.
    At my workplace the printer hasnt seen any technician, except me, for around 2 to 3 years. Makes it summed up around 3 to 4 years surely no firmeware update. (I don't know if there are any updates that came out in that time)

    A few days ago I started the project again and there seemed to be some functions missing some guys were talking about on a youtube video.
    So I was thinking that it might be due to a missing firmeware update.

    You can find screenshots of my printers firmeware dialog attached (page 4 and 5 have no entries)

    Greets
    Ok great..
    But what 'function' is missing?
    Print out error log (pdf format) to give us an idea of what's going on.
    Firmware version info is great , but without knowing specifically what issues you have, is worthless to me.
    Knowing drum/dev life left would also be great.
    You say 3 - 4 years since a trained tech touched it, who has been replacing PM parts?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Request bizhub c220 firmware

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,666
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: Request bizhub c220 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by TryToCopy View Post
    Hi guys,
    recently I became the owner of an old Konica Minolta bizhub c220 which has never seen a firmware update.

    I'd be very grateful if someone would be able to send me a pm or mail since I wasn't able to find anything on the internet.

    Thanks in advance,
    greets,
    Clemens
    Happy to help drop us an email

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  6. #6
    Technician
    Request bizhub c220 firmware


    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Request bizhub c220 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Ok great..
    But what 'function' is missing?
    Print out error log (pdf format) to give us an idea of what's going on.
    Firmware version info is great , but without knowing specifically what issues you have, is worthless to me.
    Knowing drum/dev life left would also be great.
    You say 3 - 4 years since a trained tech touched it, who has been replacing PM parts?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The box and scan functions were missing and I thought it's because of the firmware.. In fact it's been because the HDD was set unmounted in Service Mode..
    Finally found the solution here:
    Bizhub c451 one-touch/user box registration is hidden in Administrator settings

    I've been replacing parts.

    Sorry for the inconvenience!

    Greets

  7. #7
    Technician
    Request bizhub c220 firmware


    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Request bizhub c220 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by TryToCopy View Post
    The box and scan functions were missing and I thought it's because of the firmware.. In fact it's been because the HDD was set unmounted in Service Mode..
    Finally found the solution here:
    Bizhub c451 one-touch/user box registration is hidden in Administrator settings

    I've been replacing parts.

    Sorry for the inconvenience!

    Greets
    Actually now I ran into an issue where I think that I'd really need the firmware to solve.. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I'm presented with the "No Animation Guide Data Available" since the HDD seems to be formated.

    Greets

  8. #8
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Request bizhub c220 firmware

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,496
    Rep Power
    219

    Re: Request bizhub c220 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by TryToCopy View Post
    Actually now I ran into an issue where I think that I'd really need the firmware to solve.. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I'm presented with the "No Animation Guide Data Available" since the HDD seems to be formated.

    Greets
    Congrats on getting the main issue resolved.
    Animation guides won't stop the functions of the copier.
    If you desire those files make a separate post requesting the files.
    For a small contribution to CTN that will earn you a CONTRIBUTOR badge. And the guys with the files you seak are more willing to help FOC.
    The monies go to the upkeep of this wonderful resource for the tech community.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Copier Technician 500+ Posts
    Request bizhub c220 firmware

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Request bizhub c220 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by TryToCopy View Post
    Actually now I ran into an issue where I think that I'd really need the firmware to solve.. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I'm presented with the "No Animation Guide Data Available" since the HDD seems to be formated.

    Greets
    Well done and thank you for letting us know the outcome

  10. #10
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,701
    Rep Power
    125

    Re: Request bizhub c220 firmware

    When you do Initialize All in System 1 sometimes it will disable HDD common rookie mistake. Just do some more googling and as in your case you will find. But in fact nowadays 9 people out of 10 don't know how to do Internet search mostly because of lack of grey matter(with honorable mention of laziness).
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here