Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Need help

Re: Need help

Quote Originally Posted by MarioTech View Post
    Great I'm glad you are getting closer to the source of the problem! Phil had a good point that I missed in regards usage of consumables, but sometimes components fail even if they have plenty of life left. Focus on the rotation of the particular color that's having the issue, try replacing M with used unit to discard if problem resides on copier or image units. Cheat front cover and check for any abnormal behavior. I believe the waste tank covers the image units on these models can't remember from top of my head, and if you have firmware I'd bring it to latest version but only update 2 versions at a time from current one to avoid messing up OS.
    Correct.. TIME that the consumable has been in ( not used ) and actual rotations.
    Time idle can do great wear.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Technician
    Need help

Quote Originally Posted by Alie View Post
    Thanks Mario,

I did check the front cover and realised that the cyan tube has some ink leaking from the tube. This may be the reason why the magenta and yellow ink is more noticeable on the print. Cyan is replaced with magenta on the printed paper. I think I found the problem now. Thanks for your time.

Phil B, Thanks for your time as well.

It was great sharing your ideas here. Very much appreciated.
    You bet!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alie View Post
    Thanks Mario,

I did check the front cover and realised that the cyan tube has some ink leaking from the tube. This may be the reason why the magenta and yellow ink is more noticeable on the print. Cyan is replaced with magenta on the printed paper. I think I found the problem now. Thanks for your time.
    Looking at that sample, I see no cyan at all in the picture. After reading your post above, it sounds like you are saying that someone put a magenta toner into the cyan slot? Not sure how they managed that, but that certainly would create an issue with the registration as the copier would see magenta for both the cyan and magenta patches.

If indeed someone installed the wrong color, just vacuum out as much of the magenta as you can from the hopper under the toner bottle, install the correct color and run full halftones of cyan until the magenta in the dev unit is replaced with cyan.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...