Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: B005 FAX C227

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

B005 FAX C227

Hi, today a strange mistake on a bizhub C227.
    This printer has been in the field for about 3 years and has a fax card installed. This was only used in the first year, then the customer never used it again.
    For about a week, several B005s have arrived. I have seen that it is a fax card error. How is it possible that it broke without being used? For now I have just disabled it and will monitor if there are other errors in the future.
    Or can this mistake be a sign of something else? For now the printer works well. I also did a self diagnostic before resetting the printer and Sys/Image mem check WORK1 told me N/G

Firmware: G00-X8

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: B005 FAX C227

Bix recheck installation of fax board. I think as now you disable it code won't come back.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Yes, I have disabled the fax card remotely, solving the problem. As soon as I have time I will go and see what happened and how it failed

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    B005 FAX C227

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hi, today a strange mistake on a bizhub C227.
    This printer has been in the field for about 3 years and has a fax card installed. This was only used in the first year, then the customer never used it again.
    For about a week, several B005s have arrived. I have seen that it is a fax card error. How is it possible that it broke without being used? For now I have just disabled it and will monitor if there are other errors in the future.
    Or can this mistake be a sign of something else? For now the printer works well. I also did a self diagnostic before resetting the printer and Sys/Image mem check WORK1 told me N/G

Firmware: G00-X8
    Just because the fax hasn't been used the board can still fail because it has power to it, its always on to receive a fax!

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk