Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Mono drivers for color MFPs

I have a customer that almost never prints color to a C558. Unfortunately, a lot of their printing is done through G Suites, which overrides the driver default settings & prints in color anyway. I've suggested using User Authentication to block color prints, but I'd have to make changes to every computer including their off-site server to make this work. Didn't there used to be mono-only drivers available for color printers? I can't seem to find them anymore.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Mono drivers for color MFPs

Quote Originally Posted by mascan42 View Post
    I have a customer that almost never prints color to a C558. Unfortunately, a lot of their printing is done through G Suites, which overrides the driver default settings & prints in color anyway. I've suggested using User Authentication to block color prints, but I'd have to make changes to every computer including their off-site server to make this work. Didn't there used to be mono-only drivers available for color printers? I can't seem to find them anymore.
    Konica-Minolta website is Out of Commission!!! Perhaps a Mono Universal Print Driver would work???Mono drivers for color MFPs

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Mono drivers for color MFPs

Quote Originally Posted by mascan42 View Post
    Yeah I do this all the time.

Simply use the 558 driver.

Download Centre | KONICA MINOLTA
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

You can also program Chrome to use the standard windows print dialog. This will bypass Chrome taking over as the default print window and pop up the familiar windows printing dialog you would see when printing from Word etc. This should force all print jobs to use the grayscale default you've already set without having to use a mono driver. The following link will show you how to do it.

How To Disable Print Preview In Chrome - 2020 Update | TechLogon