Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Damaged  imaging units bizhub c652 series

Re: Damaged imaging units bizhub c652 series

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    Just because blacks on the right doesnt mean it cant hurt things on its left

I in addition, though very rarely have seen the black developing unit dump its entire load through the back of the machine just like the crappy old c451 series used to do. I have only seen this happen 3 times (e series) and it's an annoying half an hour with the vacuum cleaner going and the machine stripped down.
    I don't mean to hijack this thread but...

I still have a few of the cx50 series I keep hobbling along. Aside from anything foam related they still work reasonably well but holey hell do those K IUs spew. I confident that I know all of the tricks (the mod, HV board, etc etc). 30 min to vacuum? More like 2 hours if it smothers the PH and migrates to the paper trays that get toner on the tray below if you open/close one.

I never confirmed this, but I believe this happened a few times a one place because they were using cx52 K toners that has more Ferrite Oxide and slightly different resin blend. Which leads me to the OP is OEM and proper model toner being used?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    I don't mean to hijack this thread but...

I still have a few of the cx50 series I keep hobbling along. Aside from anything foam related they still work reasonably well but holey hell do those K IUs spew. I confident that I know all of the tricks (the mod, HV board, etc etc). 30 min to vacuum? More like 2 hours if it smothers the PH and migrates to the paper trays that get toner on the tray below if you open/close one.
    Adding to the hijack...

I feel your pain here! I've been down that road a few too many times myself. Are you letting those K image units go beyond 300K? If you are, then they are definitely going to spew. That was right about the magic number when they started to give out and dump out the backside from our experience. Generally if you replace them right around 300K, maybe slightly before, you shouldn't have to deal with any messes like that again, except the rare one that starts dumping a little earlier than 300K. Even with that, it's generally only a minor mess compared to what you are describing.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Adding to the hijack...

I feel your pain here! I've been down that road a few too many times myself. Are you letting those K image units go beyond 300K? If you are, then they are definitely going to spew. That was right about the magic number when they started to give out and dump out the backside from our experience. Generally if you replace them right around 300K, maybe slightly before, you shouldn't have to deal with any messes like that again, except the rare one that starts dumping a little earlier than 300K. Even with that, it's generally only a minor mess compared to what you are describing.
    I think I remember reading about a recall on them at one time, but I swear they would get damaged in shipping or something there was no rhyme or reason.

I had some fail at a less than 3k and others that survived far past re-chipping (many with the same HV boards and mods installed). I gave up trying to make sense of it all and just moved on. Thankfully they would still hold up on low coverage prints...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    So the drums are scratched again after a few hundred copies?
    Where exactly is the scratch? Pictures?

Also make sure the HV pins/connectors to the IU are nice and clean and don't have scorch marks
    I haven't taken the pictures yet but its a kind of scratching that removes the greenish layer, and it happened on the the very same spot for both imaging units.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedChamumi View Post
    I haven't taken the pictures yet but its a kind of scratching that removes the greenish layer, and it happened on the the very same spot for both imaging units.
    Does the transfer belt show any signs of problems that line up with the same area on the worn drums? I once had an issue with some kind of buildup on one of the rollers behind the belt. It roughed up the color image unit drum that it came into contact with, causing a similar issue as to what you describe, but there was also some obvious signs on the belt itself that something was wrong.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Does the transfer belt show any signs of problems that line up with the same area on the worn drums? I once had an issue with some kind of buildup on one of the rollers behind the belt. It roughed up the color image unit drum that it came into contact with, causing a similar issue as to what you describe, but there was also some obvious signs on the belt itself that something was wrong.
    Thats really make sense i will try that and get back with findings..

Regards,