Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Damaged  imaging units bizhub c652 series


    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    tanzania
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    9

    Damaged imaging units bizhub c652 series

    Helo everyone,

    Recently have have came across a weird fault in two different printers i.e. C652 whereby drum cylinders(yellow and magenta) get scratched on the rear by accumulated developer, i replaced fresh IU's as well as PH units but the the faults resurfaced after few hundred copies, has anyone out there encountered such a phenomenon and what exactly could possibly trigger that.

    Kindly assist.

    Best regards,

    Ahmed

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Damaged  imaging units bizhub c652 series

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    8,604
    Rep Power
    189

    Re: Damaged imaging units bizhub c652 series

    Quote Originally Posted by AhmedChamumi View Post
    Helo everyone,

    Recently have have came across a weird fault in two different printers i.e. C652 whereby drum cylinders(yellow and magenta) get scratched on the rear by accumulated developer, i replaced fresh IU's as well as PH units but the the faults resurfaced after few hundred copies, has anyone out there encountered such a phenomenon and what exactly could possibly trigger that.

    Kindly assist.

    Best regards,

    Ahmed
    if the dev units are collecting dev powder.. what makes you think the PH is the cause?

    what is the life count on the dev units?

    any other errors noted in the error log?

    throwing parts at machines and HOPING it fixes the problem is silly IMHO.

    diagnose WHY dev powder is LEAKING.

    are you using genuine oem supplies?

    what all have you done to it?

  3. #3
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts drowranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Downunder
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Damaged imaging units bizhub c652 series

    make sure toner filter is not clogged as well. Good air flow to these IU units give them little bit extra life sometimes.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Damaged  imaging units bizhub c652 series

    Synthohol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    2,801
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Damaged imaging units bizhub c652 series

    i had one years ago that it was as simple as leveling the machine. the floor tipped towards the wall so tons of dv eventually spilled out of the back of the DVs.
    2 wooden blocks under the rear wheels didnt hear from him in ages after that.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Damaged  imaging units bizhub c652 series

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    8,604
    Rep Power
    189

    Re: Damaged imaging units bizhub c652 series

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    i had one years ago that it was as simple as leveling the machine. the floor tipped towards the wall so tons of dv eventually spilled out of the back of the DVs.
    2 wooden blocks under the rear wheels didnt hear from him in ages after that.


    what kind of installation crew doesn't measure for levelness?

    those 'techs' need to be 'called on the carpet' being a Service Manager I made SURE my installation crew were equipped with a 1' level.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Damaged  imaging units bizhub c652 series

    Synthohol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    2,801
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Damaged imaging units bizhub c652 series

    3rd party truckers drop the machines off and plug them in where the customer wants.
    if they have their own IT they program everything and some dont want/need a tech.
    first service call is when a consumable times out.

  7. #7
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Damaged  imaging units bizhub c652 series


    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    tanzania
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Damaged imaging units bizhub c652 series

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    i had one years ago that it was as simple as leveling the machine. the floor tipped towards the wall so tons of dv eventually spilled out of the back of the DVs.
    2 wooden blocks under the rear wheels didnt hear from him in ages after that.
    Thank you for the input, i will go check that out.

  8. #8
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Damaged  imaging units bizhub c652 series


    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    tanzania
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Damaged imaging units bizhub c652 series

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    if the dev units are collecting dev powder.. what makes you think the PH is the cause?

    what is the life count on the dev units?

    any other errors noted in the error log?

    throwing parts at machines and HOPING it fixes the problem is silly IMHO.

    diagnose WHY dev powder is LEAKING.

    are you using genuine oem supplies?

    what all have you done to it?
    I once had similar issue for cyan and i changed both IU and the problem disappeared thats why i tried a PH replacement
    There is no any other error apart from D1 which obviously has nothing to do with such fault
    Im using OEM iu's

    Then again i thougth it might be HVT acting strange but i havent touched that part yet

  9. #9
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,026
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: Damaged imaging units bizhub c652 series

    Quote Originally Posted by AhmedChamumi View Post
    I once had similar issue for cyan and i changed both IU and the problem disappeared thats why i tried a PH replacement
    There is no any other error apart from D1 which obviously has nothing to do with such fault
    Im using OEM iu's

    Then again i thougth it might be HVT acting strange but i havent touched that part yet
    So the drums are scratched again after a few hundred copies?
    Where exactly is the scratch? Pictures?

    Also make sure the HV pins/connectors to the IU are nice and clean and don't have scorch marks

  10. #10
    Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gigety
    Posts
    2,017
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Damaged imaging units bizhub c652 series

    It's possible for the failing black dev unit/drum to allow developer to travel all the way along the belt back to its cleaning section, destroy that in the process and then continue destroying yellow imaging unit and magenta.

    If there is any developer abrasion marks on the belt it must be replaced too as it will act like sandpaper on the drums with still embedded developer.

    Just because blacks on the right doesnt mean it cant hurt things on its left

    I in addition, though very rarely have seen the black developing unit dump its entire load through the back of the machine just like the crappy old c451 series used to do. I have only seen this happen 3 times (e series) and it's an annoying half an hour with the vacuum cleaner going and the machine stripped down.
    If at first you don't succeed, try the way I told you how to do it in the first place.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here