Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Konica Minolta bizhub 475 error code E301

Quote Originally Posted by serzhmarchuk View Post
    Thanks, it always starts up fine without network cable attached. in fact it works fine on USB only.

Anyway, Do you know how to update firmware on it if there is service password that is not default and I don't know a new one?
    Why not default service password? Who changed it if you service machines
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Actually I do have the service password it actually was the default one. However, no manual can tell me how to upgrade the firmware. I assume its only for the authorized personal, butpprinter is used and out of warrranty, i thought may be tehre is a way to update it myself.

Thanks, it always starts up fine without network cable attached. in fact it works fine on USB only.

Anyway, Do you know how to update firmware on it if there is service password that is not default and I don't know a new one?
    Actually I do have the service password it actually was the default one. However, no manual can tell me how to upgrade the firmware. I assume its only for the authorized personal, butpprinter is used and out of warrranty, i thought may be tehre is a way to update it myself.
    What did you say? Choose the right bolded statement from your own posts 😂
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Konica Minolta bizhub 475  error code E301

i have been working on machines for decades.. and in all my time NEVER did I see a manual that didn't describe how to update firmware.. it's one duty that Trained techs do on a regular basis.

I call BS on this statement

Technician

Its actually default password, i was entering it wrong. But there is no firmware upgrade option in service mode. I understand kinoca minolta is different from Lexmark on this issue, but is there a way to do it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Why not default service password? Who changed it if you service machines

Its actually default password, i was entering it wrong. But there is no firmware upgrade option in service mode. I understand kinoca minolta is different from Lexmark on this issue, but is there a way to do it yourself?
    One advice. As enduser you will need FW from KM and service manual. On this model KM Lexmark's rebadges are very picky to which FW versions you have and how to upgrade them. I wouldn't help even Contributor enduser on this model because one can easily brick the machine. And you're not even being Contributor.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Konica Minolta bizhub 475  error code E301

i have confirmed with a brother... EITHER you can't read -=OR=- you are LYING about having the service manual.

keep up the lying and NO ONE will help you.

we can't stand liars here...

congrats you have earned your first RED CARD.

Technician

Do you know how to update the firmware on them? they are not as simple as lexmark to do so, plus i cant even log in to webinterface due to this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hi, the bizhub 4050/4750 is the first start of Konica Minolta software integration into Lexmark. If you notice, the settings are similar to Konica Minolta printers but I personally consider a bad copy bad. A good integration of the Konica Minolta software I found it only in the next model, therefore in bizhub 4052.

I have seen several bulletins on network problems and E301/E304. The best advice is to update the firmware to the latest version. I have seen several bulletins on network problems and E301. The best advice is to update the firmware to the latest version. Another bulletin suggests "Change the network speed setting to automatic. (Default: 100 Mbps half duplex)"

Other solution:
    1. Install the firmware that fixes the issue.
    2. Change to [ON] if [Rank C] of [Internal Error. Auto Cancel] in Service menu is set to [OFF].
    Procedures: [Service Mode]> [System 2]> [Internal Error. Auto Cancel]> [Rank C]
    Change to [ON] if it's set to [OFF]. (Default: ON)

Supplementary information:
    The interval time from Error occurrence to automatic reboot can be changed by the following Software Switch setting.
    291 bit0: [0]: 60 seconds to automatic reboot. (Default)
    [1]: 10 seconds to automatic reboot.

[Fixed firmware]
    bizhub 4750/4050
    -> Install A6F730G0705-W99, A6F730G0705-999, or later.

Technician

Re: Konica Minolta bizhub 4750 error code E301

Thank you for your post. If machine is bricked already i would not mind to try. If only firmware can resolve this issue, why not. Biggest problem is that KM does not have firmware on their support page, and from what i heard firmware is only for authorized repair guys. I do have service manual, and i did figure why firmware option was not showing in my service mode.

Yes I am beginner on this forum, but if solution is found, there are many out there that could see this thread and that would be helpful to them. I heard other people had same problems. So instead of coping on my own and keeping it to myself i thought to help myself and others with this post and possible resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    One advice. As enduser you will need FW from KM and service manual. On this model KM Lexmark's rebadges are very picky to which FW versions you have and how to upgrade them. I wouldn't help even Contributor enduser on this model because one can easily brick the machine. And you're not even being Contributor.