Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Konica Minolta Counter by email issue

Hi everyone

I got a deal about total counter notification by email.

I checked everything and set up SMTP enviroment with IP, ports, and so on but I can't receive counter by email.

Actually I'm using GMAIL address, anyone had this issue before?

TY

Cheers

Senior Tech 100+ Posts drowranger's Avatar

Re: Konica Minolta Counter by email issue

Can you send a scan to email to your gmail address with no error from that device ?
    If Yes check Network settings>Email settings > Tick to total counter notification email and tick to a schedule on email notification setup.
    If no get client IT to add your gmail to their SMTP relay or send to a user email and create a forwarding rule on their outlook to send to your gmail.

Hope this helps ..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drowranger View Post
    Can you send a scan to email to your gmail address with no error from that device ?
    If Yes check Network settings>Email settings > Tick to total counter notification email and tick to a schedule on email notification setup.
    If no get client IT to add your gmail to their SMTP relay or send to a user email and create a forwarding rule on their outlook to send to your gmail.

Hope this helps ..
    Hi,

thank you for the tip but it didn't worked for me. I checked another machine that works and copied all the settings but with no luck.

Machine can't send email to the outside.

TY

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatduke View Post
    thank you for the tip but it didn't worked for me. I checked another machine that works and copied all the settings but with no luck.
    Machine can't send email to the outside.
    If it's not working at all, lets start with the basics then. Try some ping tests. You don't mention the model of copier, but for most, ping test can be found in:
    Utility / Administrator Settings / Network Settings / Detail Settings / Ping Confirmation

Test if the copier can ping the DNS server(s) that is/are programmed into it. Then try and see if it can ping Google's DNS servers at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. If any of those work, then try and see if it can ping the mail server that is programmed into the copier. If it happens to be able to ping a Google DNS server, then try programming it into the third DNS slot and see if it will send an email then.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi, you start getting email scans to work. If the customer has no firewall, try this:
    1. Make sure the gateway is correct. One technique I often use is to temporarily enable DHCP to get the correct information on the network and then I set the static IP correctly.
    2. Make sure that the DNS come out. Then try 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 or 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1
    3. Make sure the GMAIL settings are correct.
    host name: smtp.gmail.com
    SMTP over SSL 465
    Authentication ON
    4. Make sure your Google Account is activated for access from less secure apps. It also avoids using the same email address for all customers because if Google detects multiple logins from different IPs, it blocks the account.

See you soon
    Bix

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi everyone

I will try the fixes suggested and I will update the post!

TY :-)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hi, you start getting email scans to work. If the customer has no firewall, try this:
    1. Make sure the gateway is correct. One technique I often use is to temporarily enable DHCP to get the correct information on the network and then I set the static IP correctly.
    2. Make sure that the DNS come out. Then try 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 or 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1
    3. Make sure the GMAIL settings are correct.
    host name: smtp.gmail.com
    SMTP over SSL 465
    Authentication ON
    4. Make sure your Google Account is activated for access from less secure apps. It also avoids using the same email address for all customers because if Google detects multiple logins from different IPs, it blocks the account.

See you soon
    Bix
    Any suggestions about email provider I can use to?

The best free solution is to create a google account dedicated to printers for each customer.

But personally I preferred to install CSRC or a program like Printfleet for monitoring printers. These tools offer excellent information for diagnosing problems before reaching customers, as well as providing precise information on consumption, counters, drum status etc.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    The best free solution is to create a google account dedicated to printers for each customer.

But personally I preferred to install CSRC or a program like Printfleet for monitoring printers. These tools offer excellent information for diagnosing problems before reaching customers, as well as providing precise information on consumption, counters, drum status etc.
    Thank you pal for suggestion, any free software or only licensed one?

Unfortunately I tried different email providers but had no luck!

TY

I'm not sure about this but I think CSRC you can download it for free and then upload on web server.
    Personally it is inconvenient as you will have to take care of maintaining the server. I have applied a direct contract with Konica Minolta to use their servers. In this way they offer you a space for your company on their servers.As for software, I don't know anything useful that is free. Everyone requires a license.