Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C258 high pitch whine when copying/printing

Re: Bizhub C258 high pitch whine when copying/printing

Quote Originally Posted by Scarekrow View Post
    Ah I see, I did look in state confirm and looked for that but only saw senor check then got side tracked, will check that.
    If it is like the 4 series, it should be in State Confirmation, the trick is to Open the lower front door or the right door to allow you to do the testing, you will need a manual if you do not have one to know what codes to input to run your tests. Good luck

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drowranger View Post
    what about rego roller bearings and transfer roller holder gears/bearing ..
    I put a drop of lube on the 2nd transfer roller bearings, paper feed unit cogs/bearings, reg roller bearings, took out the belt and rolled it to check for noise, its not the fuser cos that is still active as the noise stops as it spits out the paper.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Be good to hear the recording you have.

Can you host it from OneDrive for us?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    Be good to hear the recording you have.

Can you host it from OneDrive for us?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    Voice 008.m4a - Google Drive

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

"changed k drum"
    Is the new K drum OEM?
    Known issue on aftermarket drums. I believe it's the drum cylinder itself. Varying levels of that noise, but almost imperceptible with an OEM. It's a high voltage noise. I would get that out of there, bc we had some last a day, a month, but ultimately make weird lines in feed direction, if not total black page on first copy. We may have had that with an OEM once. Can't remember.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don N. View Post
    "changed k drum"
    Is the new K drum OEM?
    Known issue on aftermarket drums. I believe it's the drum cylinder itself. Varying levels of that noise, but almost imperceptible with an OEM. It's a high voltage noise. I would get that out of there, bc we had some last a day, a month, but ultimately make weird lines in feed direction, if not total black page on first copy. We may have had that with an OEM once. Can't remember.
    I did try a different black drum in the machine, but the noise was the same, they maybe katun drums, how ever I have just been listening to the machine we have in the showroom and i can hear the same noise but at a very reduced level, I have gone through the loadcheck but the things I can switch on don't produce the sound so im at a loss to pin point it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scarekrow View Post
    I did try a different black drum in the machine, but the noise was the same, they maybe katun drums, how ever I have just been listening to the machine we have in the showroom and i can hear the same noise but at a very reduced level, I have gone through the loadcheck but the things I can switch on don't produce the sound so im at a loss to pin point it.
    We had to return every KTN drm313k for that reason! Put an OEM in.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Here's Katun's resolution document. Looks like they're releasing a new batch for us to try.
    KN-C258-DUC-Tech-Bulletin-2020-07-24.pdf

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I've heard this particular "ringing" noise when the drum blade resists the drum rotation, on many other makes and models. Temporarily you may be able to quiet it down by priming the drum blade. Sometimes generic toner does not adequately lubricate the drum blade. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've heard this particular "ringing" noise when the drum blade resists the drum rotation, on many other makes and models. Temporarily you may be able to quiet it down by priming the drum blade. Sometimes generic toner does not adequately lubricate the drum blade. =^..^=
    Back in the day we had many issues with cleaning blades oscillating/ringing/singing. We had a white liquid paste blade primer that worked well... if only for a while. I don't completely agree with Katun's assesment bc our issues with lines across the page were evident in the morning only and gone by noon, and the symptom showed up months after the drum was replaced. Not with the 100 pages they experienced at all.
    Also the clicking was once every revolution of the charge roller, or drum (don't remember which), as if there was a burr on the gear. We couldn't find anything in or on the gear. Pulled 3 new ones out of the box & spin them by hand. All 3 clicked. Test pages showed a faint line like a bias line or vibration that corresponded with each click. Not likely that the cleaning blade would arbitrarily grab & release exactly once per revolution. That kind of behavior would change when subjected to bizhub gradation and halftone test prints due to the large amount of toner applied.
    Maybe they'd be willing to send me a few testers.

I'd really like to know why the claim that the k drum is not the same as the cmy for the 8 series as it has been for the 0 and 4/e series. Yes there's a plastic stopper (easily removed). Then there's the chip. What else? I'm told you can't just chip an 8 series k drum as cmy... Why?