Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: KM bizhub C364e touch panel unresponsive

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Too bad you're not near San Diego, California....I'd give you one to try. We have a ton of used 4 series machines we use as rental copiers.
    Thanks again. They're so good machines and I like to keep every single one working. Anyway much appreciated. I may work with some local friend techs toward finding parts.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    KM bizhub C364e touch panel unresponsive

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Thanks again. They're so good machines and I like to keep every single one working. Anyway much appreciated. I may work with some local friend techs toward finding parts.
    Agreed, great machines.....I am a big fan of the 4 series. They are a bit older now but they are keeping a lot of customers happy. They seem to perform better than the similar 8 series units we have placed.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Agreed, great machines.....I am a big fan of the 4 series. They are a bit older now but they are keeping a lot of customers happy. They seem to perform better than the similar 8 series units we have placed.
    Yes. With my 3 years experience with KM I think they're making pretty solid A3 office color machines.
    8 series is good overall drums just don't last like 4e but that's understandable. I think C360 series footprint based machines are running very well up until now when new i series comes with a lot of questions. Even that said i series are blazing fast with SSD and 8Gb RAM it took me just one minute to update one from 7B to B5(from start pressed to reboot).
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Yes. With my 3 years experience with KM I think they're making pretty solid A3 office color machines.
    8 series is good overall drums just don't last like 4e but that's understandable. I think C360 series footprint based machines are running very well up until now when new i series comes with a lot of questions. Even that said i series are blazing fast with SSD and 8Gb RAM it took me just one minute to update one from 7B to B5(from start pressed to reboot).
    Have not sold any i series units yet. What's your impression.......Do you like them?
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Have not sold any i series units yet. What's your impression.......Do you like them?
    My honest opinion is based on fact I have very few in the field with low counts so mechanics and parts life are unknown. As for electronics I read guys here are having issues mainly with SSDs(probably cheep ones) , CPU boards. Baseboards = MFPB looks solid. Colors aren't. A lot of early FW issues but now they seems back to normal like on 8 series.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

seems like they are built well, and as with all km new lines they have had some firmware issues.the b5 and gc1-7b firmware units are running rock solid here, with maketplace turned off.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Hi guys. Just fly over one C364e machine with touch panel completely unresponsive to touches. It goes to ready, it prints fine, buttons are working but touch not.
    Strange thing is I went into SM via trouble reset door and touch worked perfectly. I saw a lot of C-FA14 errors in history and also one C-D411.
    When I perform full self-diagnostic machine ended it with C-4091 which was recovered upon reboot.
    I will try FW first but in your experience and wisdom where should I start with parts - Panel assembly, MFPB, interface cable, other?
    Should I try calibration of panel via USB memory?

TIA
    I had c308 would print touch screen work but home key and all hard keys not working no copy or scan problem was control panel I've heard to can be the reverse way as well screen not working but hard keys was
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    I had c308 would print touch screen work but home key and all hard keys not working no copy or scan problem was control panel I've heard to can be the reverse way as well screen not working but hard keys was
    Good info so bad touch can affect hard buttons or it will not work correctly like in my case?
    I'm tempted to initialize all and format SSD but as they use it for print and copy only and it works that way for now. Have to wait a bit as initialize will wipe IP address and if I cannot input it manually via touch panel Admin settings they're probably going to try lynch me

So I finally went to do some other ideas I have in mind. Did SSD format, HDD format, Initialize all...nothing changed as soon you push Home button display is freezing. So I was at loss but during my fiddle I somehow used hard keys below touch(3 hard keys one is for copy screen other scan/fax and third 10 keypad). As soon you push scan/fax hard key you can use touch as usually.
    I setup on their PC scan folder and they can now scan. IP adrress was lost during initialize so I found new one in MML lists via CE mode. They are now copying, scanning and printing and don't want to pay for expensive parts to throw into machine and continue troubleshooting. For now will continue monitoring this machine closely.