Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    PRINTING USER ACCOUNT TRACK ON SERVER Bizhub  C227

Re: PRINTING USER ACCOUNT TRACK ON SERVER Bizhub C227

not every customer runs LDAP on their server even when its on site.
    i have a lot of law offices that assign client #s and add them to acct track, the popup driver works great for that.
    in this case, if every user has their own PC and code, just lock their code in to defaults.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: PRINTING USER ACCOUNT TRACK ON SERVER Bizhub C227

Trying to wrap my head around this..The problem seems to be the account trach data is being deleted for some unknown reason at the end of the month and you want to know if moving the printer to a server to be shared will keep this from occurring? If I'm correct then no..Since account track data is associated with the machine and the driver simply pulls the info then any changes (ie account data deleted) will be relayed to the driver the next time it opens. Account track data is deleted by..
    1. Admin logs in and turns off account track
    2. Format of the HDD

a less likely 3rd method would be a machine problem but I would suspect a code and it would not happen at the end of the month every month.

My advice would be to re add the account track data, back it up, then change the admin password and CE password so the machine cannot be accessed by any unauthorized users.

I wonder if some one is confusing resetting the account track meter counts with resetting account track??

Another issue with the driver on the server and shared is any changes to the account track codes must be retrieved by the server driver before the users can start using the codes. E