Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C250i does not boot...

Re: C250i does not boot...

Quote Originally Posted by hobbele View Post
    Hello,
    what can I do if a C250i no longer starts up?
    I don't have an error code and the service mode cannot be opened either.

It hangs on this screen - see attached photo
    Attachment 46546

Many thanks for the support

If you haven't done so yet, you can try the newest recommended F/W G00-B5. It specifically mentions a fix for boot stuck at 25%. You could also possibly try the reset tool that was used for the 8 series. I think the file name was A789be.tar . You can remove the storage board and try to do the firmware without it installed. It will do the printer and scanner firmware but of course will fail on MFP.

So here is what i would do first.

Power off and unplug machine
    Disconnect all accessories, IE finisher, fax, etc
    Remove CPU board and storage board and clean connections and reseat CPU board. don't install storage board just yet.

Try newest firmware, If it boots to firmware screen and loads scanner and printer, then reinstall storage board and try firmware again, and if it gets to the firmware screen do MFP only.
    If still not able to boot past 25%, then try the reset tool.

If it does get to the firmware screen and loads successfully, but still does not boot past 25% then you can call tech support and see if they will give you the code to do a partition Initialization on the storage board.

Beyond that you are looking at replacing the storage board.

Hope some of this helps

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strider5555 View Post
    If you haven't done so yet, you can try the newest recommended F/W G00-B5. It specifically mentions a fix for boot stuck at 25%. You could also possibly try the reset tool that was used for the 8 series. I think the file name was A789be.tar . You can remove the storage board and try to do the firmware without it installed. It will do the printer and scanner firmware but of course will fail on MFP.

Remove CPU board and storage board and clean connections and reseat CPU board. don't install storage board just yet.

Try newest firmware, If it boots to firmware screen and loads scanner and printer, then reinstall storage board and try firmware again, and if it gets to the firmware screen do MFP only.

If it does get to the firmware screen and loads successfully, but still does not boot past 25% then you can call tech support and see if they will give you the code to do a partition Initialization on the storage board.

Hope some of this helps
    Throughout post without doubts.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Can you give us some details on what you are speaking of here?
    You might be able fix a "broken" storageboard on site using your laptop with a "m2 PCIE -> USB" adapter. Simply initialize and wipe the board using windows own disk management tool. These boards aren't really broken but the data is probably corrupted thanks to a faulty firmware or something like ths. Like I said this wasn't me figuring this out and I haven't had a chance to try this method so far.

If you purchade an adapter make shure to choose an "m2 PCIe" compatible one (m2 SATA won't work).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I had some C300i with same problem.

If you try to upgrade firmware to B5 you have to wait about 10 minutes after the recovery screen.

PSKM_BT2012127EN

1. Details of Symptom:
    The user turns on the MFP power, but it freezes at the indicator 25%.
    Then, he updates the firmware on the MFP. It starts up but stays in data recovery screen.
    So, he proceeds the data recovery. Then, the settings are initialized. After all, it requires to reset the settings.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    You know what was done before this problem, we don't. Would you mind to share some pre-history?
    No, unfortunately I don't know ... The customer said that it suddenly stopped working.
    Firmware: unknown
    Machine buyed in May 2019
    Options: DF-632, DK-516x, UK221
    Machine worked very well until then

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    reseat the ram and ssd card.
    I tried that, but unfortunately it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by strider5555 View Post

Hope some of this helps
    I'll try it. I didn't know that the reset tool could also be used on this machine.
    And also the tip to start the firmware without an SSD, thank you very much

I will give you feedback, but I won't be working on the machine again for a few days

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi, your problem is most likely the SSD Storage Board.
    Proper formatting or replacement will allow you to restore your C250i.
    With the G00-B5 they theoretically worked to solve this problem

With the G00-B5 they theoretically worked to solve this problem. I say theoretically because Konica Minolta said the same for the two previous firmwares. But this time it seems to work. I hope this is the case for the long term.

Additional note: on reset, "New electronic board detected" may appear. In this case you will have to initialize the printer from scratch so I recommend bringing any file Movie Data, PDF/A etc ...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hi, your problem is most likely the SSD Storage Board.
    Proper formatting or replacement will allow you to restore your C250i.
    With the G00-B5 they theoretically worked to solve this problem

With the G00-B5 they theoretically worked to solve this problem. I say theoretically because Konica Minolta said the same for the two previous firmwares. But this time it seems to work. I hope this is the case for the long term.

Additional note: on reset, "New electronic board detected" may appear. In this case you will have to initialize the printer from scratch so I recommend bringing any file Movie Data, PDF/A etc ...
    I had this fault this morning and the B5 firmware cured it. The data recovery button came up and after doing that I had to reset all the settings but it didn’t need movie data.
    At least I didn’t have to replace any boards, just press a load of buttons

Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    I had this fault this morning and the B5 firmware cured it. The data recovery button came up and after doing that I had to reset all the settings but it didn’t need movie data.
    At least I didn’t have to replace any boards, just press a load of buttons
    I preferred to format the SSD to clean it of any corrupt files, but I don't know if it'sù necessary hahaha

Technician

Hello everybody,
    Unfortunately the machine is still not running.

I tried the Reset Tool first.
    Then I renewed the storage board without success.
    I renewed the PWB Assembly (PWB-BASE ASSY) without success.
    And then also the PWB Assembly (CPUB).

I only swapped the boards one by one. So the data shouldn't have been lost.

When I start the firmware update, the MFP controller runs up to 70%, then NG comes.

I also asked the customer again whether the machine had problems before.
    She told me that the machine was "offline" before the error.

The next step we are going to take is to contact Konica Minolta support.

When the machine is running again and I know what the problem was. I will be happy to report to you.

Hi, have you tried the G00-B5 firmware? This solves several problems.
    Disconnect ADF (including dual scan card) temporarily during update if it gives you NG again.

I ask you to restore original CPUB (so if you have put new CPUB, remove and put back its original one) and just change the SSDB to a new one. Don't change both at the same time because otherwise it's a big deal!