Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Konica Minolta C554e- RESET TONER

Hi guys,

Is there any dip SW for resetting the toners of a C554e.

There's no error codes displaying but it keeps on saying Toner (Y) is low.
    Also in the service mode>state confirmation>level history 1 TCR-Y is at approximately 3% while the others are at approx 6%.

Have done ,Stabilization, Hopper Filling, Manual Toner Add but its not increasing the level history or even clear the Low toner alert.

Apart from the above, I have also checked and cleaned;
    Drive Unit
    Sub Hopper Unit
    Fusing Drive Unit
    HVB Unit (Have confirm, no signs of shorting or arcing at all the contacts, plastic casing of the HV and developer contact assemblies to the frame and nearby components or wiring).

Toner is full and also the dev unit is new.

C308 dose have a dip SW for resting the toner so i hope C554e would have too.

Your response may help.

Appreciate you all in advance.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Konica Minolta C554e- RESET TONER

I don't think 4e series have this DIP switch settings..
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Francisca View Post
    Hi guys,

Is there any dip SW for resetting the toners of a C554e.

There's no error codes displaying but it keeps on saying Toner (Y) is low.
    Also in the service mode>state confirmation>level history 1 TCR-Y is at approximately 3% while the others are at approx 6%.

Have done ,Stabilization, Hopper Filling, Manual Toner Add but its not increasing the level history or even clear the Low toner alert.

Apart from the above, I have also checked and cleaned;
    Drive Unit
    Sub Hopper Unit
    Fusing Drive Unit
    HVB Unit (Have confirm, no signs of shorting or arcing at all the contacts, plastic casing of the HV and developer contact assemblies to the frame and nearby components or wiring).

Toner is full and also the dev unit is new.

C308 dose have a dip SW for resting the toner so i hope C554e would have too.

Your response may help.

Appreciate you all in advance.

The issue is not with the machine thinking the toner is low it is more like the machine is not taking toner from the hopper to fill up the developer unit.

You can check this by taking off the inner front cover & popping off the small white cap over the toner adding shaft, run
    Manual Toner Add & see if the screw turns?

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

The issue is not with the machine thinking the toner is low it is more like the machine is not taking toner from the hopper to fill up the developer unit.

You can check this by taking off the inner front cover & popping off the small white cap over the toner adding shaft, run

That's the right advice from copiertech's post-----hopper not adding toner or even the developer unit are the likely cause. I have seen both. We've had a lot of hopper unit issues on the 4 series.
    I see you did the manual add toner and it did not increase the tcr level. (and btw what are the tcr levels you see for each color?)So hopper is not adding toner or dv unit sensor thinks it's already at the level needed.

Also, what is the meter on that copier? Consumables---Are the drums way over life? Aftermarket toner being used?
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 08-25-2020 at 02:16 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Technician

Thumbs up Re: Konica Minolta C554e- RESET TONER

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I don't think 4e series have this DIP switch settings..
    Thanks for confirming.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

I did swap the Y toner adding shaft and the gears from a working machine and also i did what you've said and yes the shaft/screw does turn.
    So i think its something to do with the sensors for the Y dev unit.

Thanks for your help

Thanks very much.
    Last edited by Francisca; 08-27-2020 at 03:45 AM.

Technician

Thumbs up Re: Konica Minolta C554e- RESET TONER

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    That's the right advice from copiertech's post-----hopper not adding toner or even the developer unit are the likely cause. I have seen both. We've had a lot of hopper unit issues on the 4 series.
    I see you did the manual add toner and it did not increase the tcr level. (and btw what are the tcr levels you see for each color?)So hopper is not adding toner or dv unit sensor thinks it's already at the level needed.

Also, what is the meter on that copier? Consumables---Are the drums way over life? Aftermarket toner being used?

TCR levels for other colors CMK are approx 6% except for Y which is approx 3%. I also swap a Y dev from a working machine but the TCR-Y level does not increased.

The total meter of the copier is 1418749 and its beyond the life span and yes toner being used are aftermarket ones. Drums are ok.

Thanks, really appreciate your help.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Francisca View Post
    TCR levels for other colors CMK are approx 6% except for Y which is approx 3%. I also swap a Y dev from a working machine but the TCR-Y level does not increased.

The total meter of the copier is 1418749 and its beyond the life span and yes toner being used are aftermarket ones. Drums are ok.

Thanks, really appreciate your help.
    I would by hand add toner directly to the Y dv unit with a small funnel until the TCR is around 6% and then run all the initialization and gradiation stuff in service mode to see if it will retain those settings and maintain a proper 6% level in the dv unit.

If that doesn't work--- It's probably got to be the subhopper unit then.

Subhopper unit Part #: A161-R711-11, A161-R711-00
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 08-27-2020 at 09:37 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

I've gotten lucky quite a few times by removing the toner bottle then running halftone test patterns till the hopper is empty and the Machine calls for toner that I insert a new bottle close the door and the gas gauge goes up to full

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    I've gotten lucky quite a few times by removing the toner bottle then running halftone test patterns till the hopper is empty and the Machine calls for toner that I insert a new bottle close the door and the gas gauge goes up to full
    Indeed Pro move but with properly working sensors
    His aren't.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.