Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    345
    Rep Power
    17

    KM C284 blurry prints

    Hi there, been a while since I worked on KM kit but was asked today to look at. C284e which was blurry, it looks as if the colour registration was out. I couldnít find the adjustment for it in the service mode, there were some manual adjustments but not a auto colour registration adjust I was expecting to see? Iíve got t9 go back with a cyan drum and will need to adjust the colour registration when I get back, so any heads up on what to do would be useful.

    cheers guys.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    KM C284 blurry prints

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,666
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: KM C284 blurry prints

    Quote Originally Posted by Leebs14 View Post
    Hi there, been a while since I worked on KM kit but was asked today to look at. C284e which was blurry, it looks as if the colour registration was out. I couldn’t find the adjustment for it in the service mode, there were some manual adjustments but not a auto colour registration adjust I was expecting to see? I’ve got t9 go back with a cyan drum and will need to adjust the colour registration when I get back, so any heads up on what to do would be useful.

    cheers guys.
    This fault is quite common on KM when parts are over life especially the transfer belt unit.

    When you go back with the drum clean the patch sensors & run gradation adjust either from CE mode or in admin settings.

    Gradation Adjustment
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    KM C284 blurry prints

    tulintron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais
    Posts
    323
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: KM C284 blurry prints

    You can also reset the expired items with new chips, but you may not get the necessary quality, given the situation of the expired items.
    Nothing like day after day

  4. #4
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    KM C284 blurry prints

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,666
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: KM C284 blurry prints

    Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post
    You can also reset the expired items with new chips, but you may not get the necessary quality, given the situation of the expired items.
    Those chips are a total waste of money & completely unnecessary!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  5. #5
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Milano
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: KM C284 blurry prints

    Hi,

    like said before by colleagues, it could be transfer belt unit trouble. Just pull it out and see its status, also consumable expiring date.

    Cheers

  6. #6
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Milano
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: KM C284 blurry prints

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Those chips are a total waste of money & completely unnecessary!
    Can I disagree with that?

    I use chips expecially for drum unit (only some series) after gradation test (C-M-Y-K), if status seems good I use them again for a few months so I save a lot of money really.

    If not, i replace with new original one.

    Cheers

  7. #7
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    KM C284 blurry prints

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,666
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: KM C284 blurry prints

    Quote Originally Posted by fatduke View Post
    Can I disagree with that?

    I use chips expecially for drum unit (only some series) after gradation test (C-M-Y-K), if status seems good I use them again for a few months so I save a lot of money really.

    If not, i replace with new original one.

    Cheers
    Ok here is my argument against these chips.

    So lets say you have a set of image units that have gone over life but the print quality is still perfect, why replace anything?

    When you fit chips to an old image unit you are basically 'tricking' the machine into thinking it has a new unit, the machine will then run a gradation adjust on an old drum!

    So please tell me what are you gaining from this other than the consumable counter being reset?



    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  8. #8
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts drowranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Downunder
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: KM C284 blurry prints

    Please make sure IDC sensors and laser glasses, charge grids are clean before performing gradation . I would check the condition of the drums before resetting as well.

    Like copier tech said the last thing you need is dev to arc out through a worn drum.

  9. #9
    Field Service Technician 250+ Posts femaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    A Small City in MI
    Posts
    464
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: KM C284 blurry prints

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Ok here is my argument against these chips.
    So lets say you have a set of image units that have gone over life but the print quality is still perfect, why replace anything?
    When you fit chips to an old image unit you are basically 'tricking' the machine into thinking it has a new unit, the machine will then run a gradation adjust on an old drum!
    So please tell me what are you gaining from this other than the consumable counter being reset?
    I agree 100%. Unless someone has changed the settings, the machine will continue to work, even if the items are beyond life. There is no point to reset things at all, as the machine will happily continue on it's merry way, even without the reset.

    Resetting items may actually cause the old units to fail sooner than they would have, or potentially result in worse quality output, because the machine is will now be adjusted to demand a higher standard of quality from the old parts as it will now think they are new.
    Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year, now a Konica Minolta Service Tech for the last 6 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

  10. #10
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    KM C284 blurry prints

    tulintron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais
    Posts
    323
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: KM C284 blurry prints

    Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post
    You can also reset the expired items with new chips, but you may not get the necessary quality, given the situation of the expired items.
    I will try to explain myself.

    When I said about resetting the units, I made it clear that there could be problems with having expired items.


    I should actually have told you to reset the items.


    In our rented printers we do this procedure all the time. Knowing the situation of the items, if there is a need, we do the reset without replacing the items. If there is a need, we also do it.


    I may have expressed it wrong because of my English. I'm sorry.
    Nothing like day after day

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here