Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C6500 Remote Panel

C6500 Remote Panel

Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup the remote panel on the C6500. I followed the instructions on the user manual, but to no avail. I haven't been able to connect to the web interface of the machine. The ethernet cable connected to the engine goes to an 8 port switch (which is brand new) and then to the router.

What I have tried so far:

I configured the IP address, the Subnet mask and gateway to the same settings (apart from the IP address, obviously) to the same settings I have on my other machines which I can all access their web interfaces.
    I have tried using two different known good ethernet cables
    I tried plugging the cable to different ports of the switch
    I have tried two different computers (both Win 10)
    I have tried accessing it from two different browsers (Chrome, Firefox)

Enhanced security is not enabled (no icon appears on the home screen of the copier).

What am I missing?

TIA

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: C6500 Remote Panel

Hi orestes,

Firstly, can you ping it?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C6500 Remote Panel

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Hi orestes,

Firstly, can you ping it?
    No it fails with "Destination host unreachable" if I recall correctly.

Then I would try to connect it exactly in place of working machine using working machine IP settings and cablings.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C6500 Remote Panel

are they on the same router?

a different router will have a different IP range

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C6500 Remote Panel

Both are on the same router/network.

I will try disconnecting everything from power and reconnecting them, as well as a 3rd cable, just in case and let you know.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C6500 Remote Panel

Quote Originally Posted by orestesp View Post
    Both are on the same router/network.

I will try disconnecting everything from power and reconnecting them, as well as a 3rd cable, just in case and let you know.
    ok next step then... get your laptop config'd for the copier IP addy.. you MAY need a crossover cable ( not sure about that unit ) or just plain cat5 cable .. see if you can see the copier web page... that'll eliminate the possibility of NIC card probs on the copier.. from there ( if it works also try printing from lapper) IF it works I would hand over the problem to THEIR IT group .. unless your contract states that YOU handle the IT problems.

Make sure if you get it working from your lapper to have their IT guy standing there so he cannot dispute your findings .. When i print from my lapper I print out the WINDOWS test page showing your laptop name.. IP addy that was used... and print internal network config pages too.

That way there is NO QUESTION that the copier isn't the problem but THEIR network is.

Did you setup the copier in your shop and print/scan to it then? if so do you still have the config pages from that? ( something as Service manager I DEMANDED from my setup crew )

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    ok next step then... get your laptop config'd for the copier IP addy.. you MAY need a crossover cable ( not sure about that unit ) or just plain cat5 cable .. see if you can see the copier web page... that'll eliminate the possibility of NIC card probs on the copier.. from there ( if it works also try printing from lapper) IF it works I would hand over the problem to THEIR IT group .. unless your contract states that YOU handle the IT problems.

Make sure if you get it working from your lapper to have their IT guy standing there so he cannot dispute your findings .. When i print from my lapper I print out the WINDOWS test page showing your laptop name.. IP addy that was used... and print internal network config pages too.

That way there is NO QUESTION that the copier isn't the problem but THEIR network is.

Did you setup the copier in your shop and print/scan to it then? if so do you still have the config pages from that? ( something as Service manager I DEMANDED from my setup crew )
    Phil I believe orestesp is print shop owner with some knowledge who appreciated techs experience.
    This should be machine for his own shop.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C6500 Remote Panel

Yes indeed this is my own shop. I happen to have a crossover ethernet cable, when I go back to my shop on Monday I'll go over the simple things once more and give a read to the thread that you've linked to see for any potential solutions.

It's probably something I have overlooked, I couldn't do much experimentation with the networking equipment as other machines were in use at the time and I couldn't take them offline.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thank you to you both.