Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: c654 Firmware

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    c654 Firmware

c654 Firmware

Not the infamous question you might be expecting.
    I just want to know what the latest version is. I currently possess:

C754_Series_A2X00Y0-F000-GBN-M0
    C654_C754_A2X00Y0-F000-G00-72
    C654_C754_A2X0010-B100-G00-02_1st_OCR
    A2X00Y0-C000-G00-00_1st_Movie

Is this the latest in the States and if not, is there a newer version that has crucial updates that I need to beg someone to get for me?

(It has been about 5 years since I lost my KM Confidential privileges...I really miss being able to jump to get bulletin supplementary material and FW not to mention the dreaded ioption codes.)

Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Re: c654 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post

Is this the latest in the States and if not, is there a newer version that has crucial updates that I need to beg someone to get for me?
    (It has been about 5 years since I lost my KM Confidential privileges...I really miss being able to jump to get bulletin supplementary material and FW not to mention the dreaded ioption codes.)
    Thanks!
    Well, the GBN-M0 is a special firmware, and there has been a number of versions released since that one, but I guess it depends on what you need it to do. Special firmware is only supposed to be used if it corrects a problem you are having, and there are various different versions because of that.

- Special firmware versions newer than what you have, in order of release: GDL-M0, GN1-M0, GBT-M0, GXN-M0, GBU-M0, and GBZ-M0
    - Base firmware you have is the newest, G00-72
    - OCR firmware is the newest, G00-02_1st_OCR
    - Movie firmware is the newest, G00-00_1st_Movie
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

c654 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Well, the GBN-M0 is a special firmware, and there has been a number of versions released since that one, but I guess it depends on what you need it to do. Special firmware is only supposed to be used if it corrects a problem you are having, and there are various different versions because of that.

- Special firmware versions newer than what you have, in order of release: GDL-M0, GN1-M0, GBT-M0, GXN-M0, GBU-M0, and GBZ-M0
    - Base firmware you have is the newest, G00-72
    - OCR firmware is the newest, G00-02_1st_OCR
    - Movie firmware is the newest, G00-00_1st_Movie
    You put some work into this post. Thank you!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    c654 Firmware

Thanks!
    Here the latest firmware bulletin.

C754 C654 FW Read Me GF7-72.pdf

You also have the 'version up' firmware that gives your non 'e' model the same spec as the 'e' models.

https://mega.nz/file/wY0RGSYZ#OB8zi2...qK1qeS21Jp3Nso
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

c654 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Here the latest firmware bulletin.

C754 C654 FW Read Me GF7-72.pdf

You also have the 'version up' firmware that gives your non 'e' model the same spec as the 'e' models.

https://mega.nz/file/wY0RGSYZ#OB8zi2...qK1qeS21Jp3Nso
    Hey thanks!!

I will make use of this tomorrow, just to be clear this is basically a version up and the latest FW?

I ask because because the file names are different (to be expected) and it appears to be missing the "1st movie data" which I am assuming I would install first?

Thanks again, everyone.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    c654 Firmware

Hey thanks!!

I will make use of this tomorrow, just to be clear this is basically a version up and the latest FW?

I ask because because the file names are different (to be expected) and it appears to be missing the "1st movie data" which I am assuming I would install first?

Thanks again, everyone.

Main firmware, movie animation firmware & the 'version up' are 3 totally different files & you don't necessarily need all 3.

Most of the time you would simply routinely update the main firmware.

If you had to format or replace the HDD you would need to install the movie animation firmware as this resides on the HDD.

Now the version up firmware you would only need should you find you had limitations with your non e model, most customers need this if they want to scan using gmail or O365 etc.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

c654 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Main firmware, movie animation firmware & the 'version up' are 3 totally different files & you don't necessarily need all 3.

Most of the time you would simply routinely update the main firmware.

If you had to format or replace the HDD you would need to install the movie animation firmware as this resides on the HDD.

Now the version up firmware you would only need should you find you had limitations with your non e model, most customers need this if they want to scan using gmail or O365 etc.
    This is all what I suspected, but having someone verify all that is nice.

c654 Firmware

Well I installed the version up FW starting with “Install the Firmware Version GB4-A9**” Everything was successful except for the MFP Controller (n.g.).
    Now I am getting the “External Memory error” without a USB drive connected:

CAUSE: In most cases, the message is not related to the USB memory device itself. The message
    normally indicates that the firmware on the USB memory stick is not applicable to the model to which the firmware update is being performed.
    SOLUTION: Check if the firmware on the USB memory is the correct version and type for the model. If
    not, download the right firmware onto the USB memory and retry the firmware update. If the same
    message is displayed again, try another USB memory device that is known to work.
    I also got a C156 a few times which is “Upgrade of the firmware has not been successful” (DF) according to the manual, which was much preferable as it disabled the ADF only.

I have the other FW that I originally inquired about, but I am at an impasse on whether or not to attempt “downgrading” without the “FW VerDown_Tool A2X0DWN-F000-G00-00.exe”
    Can someone please provide me this tool (if needed as the MFP controller FW was not successful).

Version Up Firmware Technical Information Rev4.pdf see page 3

Other notes:
    I tried several different flash drives, even found an ancient 2gb drive. I tried formatting with fat32 in Win7 and after reading some discussion about win10 messing up the formatting, I even formatting in DOS. I tried downloading the firmware again from Copier Tech’s post with no difference.

c654 Firmware

Update: It showed c156 again so was able to boot it up. Now it has p6-9, p-21 tray 4 is missing, copy will not function tried a platten scan produced a clunk and a c6103 (everything seems to be mechanically intact). So it is ded.

Pulled the power cord.

Why were you upgrading???????