Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: c654 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
    Why were you upgrading???????
    Have you read this...

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Here the latest firmware bulletin.

Attachment 46655

You also have the 'version up' firmware that gives your non 'e' model the same spec as the 'e' models.

https://mega.nz/file/wY0RGSYZ#OB8zi2...qK1qeS21Jp3Nso
    ...and this?

Main firmware, movie animation firmware & the 'version up' are 3 totally different files & you don't necessarily need all 3.

Most of the time you would simply routinely update the main firmware.

If you had to format or replace the HDD you would need to install the movie animation firmware as this resides on the HDD.

Now the version up firmware you would only need should you find you had limitations with your non e model, most customers need this if they want to scan using gmail or O365 etc.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    c654 Firmware

That version up thing was a mess. Screwed up more machines than it "fixed"

It was easy to upgrade the machines themselves than make that crap work.
    Besides the model is way discontinued and needs an upgrade instead.

I hope you were not randomly just flashing FW because it's the latest, that's special FW and should not be arbitrarily touched.
    Even if they use Gmail or O365 there are relay servers to use instead of bricking the copier.

I'm very sorry you are going through this, it's a konica abortion trying to make a Chevy a caddilac.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    c654 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post

I hope you were not randomly just flashing FW because it's the latest, that's special FW and should not be arbitrarily touched.
    Even if they use Gmail or O365 there are relay servers to use instead of bricking the copier.

I'm very sorry you are going through this, it's a konica abortion trying to make a Chevy a caddilac.

I've used this version up firmware numerous times without any issue.

I think if you don't follow the procedure correctly you can have problems.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    c654 Firmware

Still requesting "VerDown_Tool A2X0DWN-F000-G00-00.exe" I have confirmed that without this software, downgrading is almost certain doom.
    I even contributed (long overdo, but that finally happened).

I talked to one of my distributors that has access to KM Confidential. He claimed that the x54 series were not even in the firmware list online! (The x54es were though.) wtf?!
    I reiterate:
    WTF!?

He actually cut me off mid-sentence when I mentioned the version up firmware and told me not to bother. I was like "about...that...I may have already tried..." and moment of silence ensued.

He said it can be done, then rambled about starting with the initial release base FW then work your way up to the version up. This made no sense to me, but he has far more experience that I probably ever will.

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better and I had a few reasons for doing all this.

I've used this version up firmware numerous times without any issue.

I think if you don't follow the procedure correctly you can have problems.
    This is pretty simple stuff...not really sure what I could have done wrong--any suggestions?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    c654 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    Still requesting "VerDown_Tool A2X0DWN-F000-G00-00.exe" I have confirmed that without this software, downgrading is almost certain doom.
    I even contributed (long overdo, but that finally happened).

I talked to one of my distributors that has access to KM Confidential. He claimed that the x54 series were not even in the firmware list online! (The x54es were though.) wtf?!
    I reiterate:
    WTF!?

He actually cut me off mid-sentence when I mentioned the version up firmware and told me not to bother. I was like "about...that...I may have already tried..." and moment of silence ensued.

He said it can be done, then rambled about starting with the initial release base FW then work your way up to the version up. This made no sense to me, but he has far more experience that I probably ever will.

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better and I had a few reasons for doing all this.

This is pretty simple stuff...not really sure what I could have done wrong--any suggestions?
    Sometimes if the HDD is on the way out you get weird issues after updating the firmware.

What state in the machine on now?

Try simply putting the latest regular C654 firmware on.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

c654 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
    Why were you upgrading???????
    For some reason I feel required to answer this question.

First off, I initially inquired about the FW I already possess because I intended on using it because of now unrelated reasons.

Then the version up FW was posted so I figured "why not." More functionality, more no brainer. Furthermore, gmail was a thorn in my side in the past. Even though I have provided different solutions, ultimately I knew gmail still very much wished for. Synthohol mentioned relay servers I know nothing about that but will look into that. Moreover, I am tired of getting nagged about the L 1-4 errors for EOL IUs that are functioning just fine. No matter how many times I explain that this is not an actual issue it doesn't stick. In the mind of the consumer, there is an error, so something is certainly wrong. This is corrected with the E series software.

c654 Firmware

Sometimes if the HDD is on the way out you get weird issues after updating the firmware.

What state in the machine on now?

Try simply putting the latest regular C654 firmware on.
    Well, I have been told that the downgrade software is essential, but am somewhat inclined to try the base FW because the core item -- the MFP Controller was N.G.

I will try swapping the HDD that is easy enough

This is the latest update I posted yesterday:
    Update: It showed c156 again so was able to boot it up. Now it has p6-9, p-21 tray 4 is missing, copy will not function tried a platten scan produced a clunk and a c6103 (everything seems to be mechanically intact). So it is ded.

Pulled the power cord.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    c654 Firmware

im sending you a PM with the version-down FW.

Precaution of firmware installation
    I. The trouble code C-E301 may occur when updating to this firmware in the specific environment.
    The specific environment has been/was installed the following firmware into MFP
    - Firmware supporting Server-less Ubiquitous Print (LK-114)
    - Firmware supporting Thin Print (Ver. GPS-65 of C754Series/C554Series/C364Series)
    Execute [I. How to recover from C-E301] as below when trouble code C-E301 occurs.
    II. Network settings will be initialized and cannot re-configure the settings after updating to this firmware
    from the following firmware on C754Series/C554Series/C364Series
    - GP7-65, GPK-68, GPR-68, GP4-70, GPC-70
    Execute [II. How to version up] when updating from the above firmware
    Backup of network setting is required before updating because the network settings are initialized.
    1. Enter the Service mode and change the DipSW setting as below and then push "Fix" button.
    Software SW No. 156
    HEX: 08
    2. Hex value turns to "00" automatically and then reboot MFP.
    1. Export the Network settings to USB memory by the function of "External memory back up".
    2. Confirm the settings of IP address and DNS server that are not backed up by "External memory back up"
    and write down them.
    3. Install the Firmware according to the procedure of PRI.
    4. Please execute the following after firmware update is done and MFP boots up.
    4-1. Enter the Service mode and change the DipSW setting as follows and then push "Fix" button.
    Software SW No. 156
    HEX : 08
    4-2. Hex value turns to "00" automatically and then reboot MFP.
    5. Import the Network settings by the function of "External memory back up".
    6. Set the settings of IP address and DNS server again of which were not backed up by "External memory back up".
    * For the details of "External memory back up", see the service Manual.
    * For the details of the settings that are not backed up by "External memory back up", see the sheet of "Network" in this file.

c654 Firmware

im sending you a PM with the version-down FW.

Precaution of firmware installation
    I. The trouble code C-E301 may occur when updating to this firmware in the specific environment.
    The specific environment has been/was installed the following firmware into MFP
    - Firmware supporting Server-less Ubiquitous Print (LK-114)
    - Firmware supporting Thin Print (Ver. GPS-65 of C754Series/C554Series/C364Series)
    Execute [I. How to recover from C-E301] as below when trouble code C-E301 occurs.
    II. Network settings will be initialized and cannot re-configure the settings after updating to this firmware
    from the following firmware on C754Series/C554Series/C364Series
    - GP7-65, GPK-68, GPR-68, GP4-70, GPC-70
    Execute [II. How to version up] when updating from the above firmware
    Backup of network setting is required before updating because the network settings are initialized.
    1. Enter the Service mode and change the DipSW setting as below and then push "Fix" button.
    Software SW No. 156
    HEX: 08
    2. Hex value turns to "00" automatically and then reboot MFP.
    1. Export the Network settings to USB memory by the function of "External memory back up".
    2. Confirm the settings of IP address and DNS server that are not backed up by "External memory back up"
    and write down them.
    3. Install the Firmware according to the procedure of PRI.
    4. Please execute the following after firmware update is done and MFP boots up.
    4-1. Enter the Service mode and change the DipSW setting as follows and then push "Fix" button.
    Software SW No. 156
    HEX : 08
    4-2. Hex value turns to "00" automatically and then reboot MFP.
    5. Import the Network settings by the function of "External memory back up".
    6. Set the settings of IP address and DNS server again of which were not backed up by "External memory back up".
    * For the details of "External memory back up", see the service Manual.
    * For the details of the settings that are not backed up by "External memory back up", see the sheet of "Network" in this file.
    Thank you! Now I don't have to cross my fingers with trying the base firmware without this

c654 Firmware

Ok! The downgrade tool worked, the base firmware worked and installed the OCR and Movie Data.

Only thing is that Copier Tech posted the pdf for GF7-72 and I have G00-72 (making someone incorrect about which is the latest and greatest base FW is—not pointing fingers because I honestly do not know lol). If GF7-72 is the latest I would like to get my hands on that and that will keep me set for the foreseeable future.

And while I am being needy:
    If someone can get me the G00-72 document that has the checksums that would be awesome.
    And while I am putting you to work can you grab me the C754_Series_A2X00Y0-F000-GBN-M0 document too so I can determine what special fix(es) it has?

Other notes:
    After the downgrade and base FW, I tried the version up again, to no avail. I have no idea what I possibly can be doing wrong…maybe the source file is corrupt…? Copier Tech is from London I wonder if this could possibly a regional issue? I might test this in the future, but for now, I am happy.

(Fax was N.G., but not worried, I may or may not revisit that if needed.)