Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Calw
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    10

    bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies

    Dear Technicians.

    We have 2-3 bizhubs C224e and C258 an which the scans are crooked. And also die copies.
    The prints are perfect and also the scans and copies from the dual scanner in the adf if we are scanning with the dual scanner.

    I thnik the problem must be the main scanner unit.
    Is it possible so calibrate the scanner to have straight scans, which are not crooked??

    I hope somebody can help me.


    Regards, Paul

  2. #2
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies

    u need to confirm if doc feeder is skew or if it also does it off the main glass.

    if its skews from glass u need to fix that prior to worrying about the DF

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Calw
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies

    Thanks.
    The problem is also on the flatbed glas. Is it possible to calibrate the scanner in the service mode or how can I fix the skew scanner?
    The problem ist not the doc feeder, I think the problem ist the scanner.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies

    if u remove the right cover then remove the glass

    then remove left cover and the front cover surrounding the scanner bed and remove a transparent film covering a screw hole u can manually pull the scanner so u can poke screw driver through hole to loosen the screw that hold the plate that clamps the scanner to the drive wire.

    u will need trial and error micro adjustments of like 1mm until it looks good.

    it can be time consuming and no doubt u will make it worse before it improves lol

  5. #5
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies

    blazebusiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    From NY--- live in San Diego , Ca.
    Posts
    1,090
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies

    Quote Originally Posted by druckerteam View Post
    Dear Technicians.

    We have 2-3 bizhubs C224e and C258 an which the scans are crooked. And also die copies.
    The prints are perfect and also the scans and copies from the dual scanner in the adf if we are scanning with the dual scanner.

    I thnik the problem must be the main scanner unit.
    Is it possible so calibrate the scanner to have straight scans, which are not crooked??

    I hope somebody can help me.


    Regards, Paul
    If you have 2-3 copiers doing the same thing it is more likely you need to adjust the document feeder skew , not the scanner. I can't imagine 2 -3 copiers with the same scanner assembly issue (unless you have a tech that has been messing with the screws on the scanner when cleaning optics).

    Very common on this model to have the adf skew adjust be off. There is a screw in the back right corner near the hinge for adjusting the way the adf is sitting on the copier. So, loosen the mount plate screw on the right hinge and then go to the rear of the adf and find the adjustment screw. Adjust that until the feeder is sitting straight on the copier , then retighten the hinge mount screw to lock in the adjustment.

    And...it can be a little tricky. There is a lot of play in these feeders. When you lift the feeder to lock in the skew adjustment by tightening the mount screw,you must hold it steady or the adf can move and throw off the adjustment you just made.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:55 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts progoffice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies

    Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    If you have 2-3 copiers doing the same thing it is more likely you need to adjust the document feeder skew , not the scanner. I can't imagine 2 -3 copiers with the same scanner assembly issue (unless you have a tech that has been messing with the screws on the scanner when cleaning optics).

    Very common on this model to have the adf skew adjust be off. There is a screw in the back right corner near the hinge for adjusting the way the adf is sitting on the copier. So, loosen the mount plate screw on the right hinge and then go to the rear of the adf and find the adjustment screw. Adjust that until the feeder is sitting straight on the copier , then retighten the hinge mount screw to lock in the adjustment.
    I agree. I see this all the time. When these copiers get moved it easy to use the doc feed as a handle to push/pull on. The screws loosen when the machines get bounced around too and make it even easier for skew to happen. You can't necessarily go off the center mark of the adjustment guide of the lower right df hinge either. You have to keep adjusting one way or the other until the doc feed and the machine are pretty much parallel with each other. I usually do this until there is no shadow on the bottom right or left corner of the scanned document. No shadow, no skew. Make sure you also have a nice original to work with like a counter page. The sample the customer gives you isn't always the best original.

  7. #7
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Calw
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies

    Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    If you have 2-3 copiers doing the same thing it is more likely you need to adjust the document feeder skew , not the scanner. I can't imagine 2 -3 copiers with the same scanner assembly issue (unless you have a tech that has been messing with the screws on the scanner when cleaning optics).

    Very common on this model to have the adf skew adjust be off. There is a screw in the back right corner near the hinge for adjusting the way the adf is sitting on the copier. So, loosen the mount plate screw on the right hinge and then go to the rear of the adf and find the adjustment screw. Adjust that until the feeder is sitting straight on the copier , then retighten the hinge mount screw to lock in the adjustment.

    And...it can be a little tricky. There is a lot of play in these feeders. When you lift the feeder to lock in the skew adjustment by tightening the mount screw,you must hold it steady or the adf can move and throw off the adjustment you just made.
    We collect this machines from some years ago till now and have for now no solution. We didn't have the problem in between some weeks. Therefore we have 2-3 copiers.
    So I will try to calibrate the scanner unit. Because on this machines the copy looks the same if I copy it from the glass or I copy it with ADF.

    Thanks for the help!

  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    1,100
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies

    Hi, in series 8 some problems I have solved them through the automatic calibration of the ADF. However, you must have the calibration sheet which is usually found inside the box during the first installation. Without this, it takes forever to find the most suitable values and is easier to fix with the screwdriver.

  9. #9
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies

    blazebusiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    From NY--- live in San Diego , Ca.
    Posts
    1,090
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies

    Quote Originally Posted by druckerteam View Post
    We collect this machines from some years ago till now and have for now no solution. We didn't have the problem in between some weeks. Therefore we have 2-3 copiers.
    So I will try to calibrate the scanner unit. Because on this machines the copy looks the same if I copy it from the glass or I copy it with ADF.

    Thanks for the help!
    No problem. Glad to help. Usually skew is related to the adf and very easy to remedy. But, that being said---We also have had more difficult issues with machines that skew from both the glass and the feeder (but happily not too often). And adjusting the scanner was the fix for us on a couple of those machines. Tedious work as you must adjust in small increments then reassemble and test and then disassemble and adjust again quite a few times to get the scanner position just right. Good luck and don't forget to post what fixed it.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

  10. #10
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Lawton, OK
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: bizhub C224e and C258 with crooked scans and copies

    I'd check for scanner sag. I had one where I had to adjust the height of the scanner and add bigger screws.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here