Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: We comment on iSeries firmware

Quote Originally Posted by KMFLT3CH View Post
    Be careful when upgrading to G00-B5 firmware on the color I-series, you may need to do a logical format of the storage board afterwards, as well as reload the movie data - See bulletin below.

Personally I stay away from the newest firmware releases for a few months as KM has a long history of pushing out buggy firmware.

Attachment 46865
    For now, I haven't had this problem. But this certainly scares.
    I believe that at this point, perhaps it is best not to update until you have problems. This is quite frustrating because I don't know what to do anymore. Better to update to prevent future trouble or better not to update but risking an imminent problem?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by occus View Post
    I am now once again brave and do a test with a customer machine who is very close to the company with activated standby to see whether it works with the G00-B5 so that the machine does not stay in standby.

Unfortunately the B6 is not yet available in knova.

Ok the test ist over, since the G00-B5 Firmware i have no more problems awakening from standby trough a button press or a print job. We have 3x c250i on different customers and no calls until today. And this problem we had on every c250i series! starting after 2 weeks until a month...
    That means we don't deactivate the sleep mode anymore from the machines out of the box.

Im wondering if the older machines from previous production are different in hardware... so i can activate the standby on all i-series... would safe much fuser life time... would be the nex test.
    The touchscreen awakening from standy function remains temporarily deactivated. I have no newer information about that problem.

In the 8 series I do not change anything of the energy saving. Also in the 4 series I leave the default settings for energy saving. The new firmware seems to have been efficient for a few months. The only thing I turn off is the weekly timer but lately this seems to be working too (you make sure the printer time is correct because it is based on that).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts drowranger's Avatar

G00-B5 have put a new tab on web interface [Administrator Settings] > [System Settings] > [OpenAPI and IWS application display setting] > "Display side menu" had to enable this to see the print button on embedded Papercut .

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drowranger View Post
    G00-B5 have put a new tab on web interface [Administrator Settings] > [System Settings] > [OpenAPI and IWS application display setting] > "Display side menu" had to enable this to see the print button on embedded Papercut .
    Don't know this we use SafeQ but Thanks for the hint in case one day Papercut is needed.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

new firmware GC2-B6 available!
    Bug fix

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    We comment on iSeries firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    new firmware GC2-B6 available!
    Bug fix

Anyone tried this yet?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

I have installed onto a C450i and awaiting feedback from customer. The machine would intermittently go into sleep mode, the blue light would flash on the side, if you pressed the sub power button or touched the screen nothing would happen. There doesn't seem to be much in the release not for this firmware and I have not seen any for G00-B6?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    We comment on iSeries firmware

Another issue me & my team are having on a few of these iseries they simply won’t accept a firmware update?

Hold the button in behind the panel, we get the back dot the USB is in the panel, USB pen has the firmware in the correct FWxxx folder but the machine simply boots up as normal.

Tried various USB pen drives these all work on other models.

When the machine boots up it sees the pen & gives the option to print the contents of the FWxxx folder!

Is it possible that firmware update can be disabled by a SW switch?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stan780953 View Post
    I have installed onto a C450i and awaiting feedback from customer. The machine would intermittently go into sleep mode, the blue light would flash on the side, if you pressed the sub power button or touched the screen nothing would happen. There doesn't seem to be much in the release not for this firmware and I have not seen any for G00-B6?
    Hi, in your case it could be the weekly timer. You go into the power saving settings and turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Another issue me & my team are having on a few of these iseries they simply won’t accept a firmware update?

Hold the button in behind the panel, we get the back dot the USB is in the panel, USB pen has the firmware in the correct FWxxx folder but the machine simply boots up as normal.

Tried various USB pen drives these all work on other models.
    a
    When the machine boots up it sees the pen & gives the option to print the contents of the FWxxx folder!

Is it possible that firmware update can be disabled by a SW switch?
    What firmware are you in now? This happened to me in series 4 after a firmware update. I discovered that even loading Movie Data doesn't work anymore (after a while it said NG). I solved it by loading the firmware and movie data using the USB ports near the ethernet port. It seems to have worked!