Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Konica Minolta bizhub C360 - Paper Jam 11-01

Hello,

I'm having an issue with a C360 where I get the jam code 11-01 in tray 1, 3 and 4 every time I try to print, only tray 2 works great.
    The paper stops at the separation roller, all rollers are new and I cleaned all sensors. I always use originals.
    I removed all trays and cleaned, everything looks good.
    How can I solve this?

Attached you can see where the paper stops in tray 1.
    20200908_182904.jpg

Re: Konica Minolta bizhub C360 - Paper Jam 11-01

In that shot i can't see the rest of the paper stack as if the paper lift plate has dropped.
    Things to look at are the one way clutches the paper feed clutches the sensor holders at the back of the machine and the lift motors.
    Then there is the torque limiter that can go stiff.
    Also the tray plates.

Its common for the sensor holders to break, paper to get stuck behind the tray and for the trays not to close in place properly.

If it has tray 3 and 4 option installed then its driven straight by a motor and no feed clutches.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 100+ Posts escalante's Avatar

This I found in a troubleshooting guide for the Bizhub C452.
    I hope it serves as a guide

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

its the one-ways and burnished shafts. almost almost always.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    its the one-ways and burnished shafts. almost almost always.
    I'll second that statement. With the way the edge of the paper in bunched up against the feed tire, it looks like the pickup tire did it's job but the feed tire didn't turn because the oneway is slipping on the shaft. Also take into consideration that with a slipping oneway, it's probably time for tires as well, unless the tires were replaced without cleaning the oneways and scuffing the shafts, which is something should be done at every tire change.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Technician

I am facing the same problem on a Bizhub C280. I took out the paper feed units 1 & 2 to clean and inspect.
    The clutches where found to be working (applied 24V and none of them sliped) so what could be the next to check?

I have also downloaded the service manual (which says its for Bizhub C360/C280/C220) to have a good look but I cannot find the exploded parts diagram of the C280 like this :
    Parts Catalog > Konica-Minolta > bizhub C652 > page 39
    which is the closest I can find and resembles mostly to what I have taken out of the C280.

And a pic of what I have in hand cannot be uploaded ...yet ! Maybe its too big .

I'd really like to know whats the failing oneways (Synthohol mentioned) pointed in a parts diagram.
    Thank you

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by HOSTAKI View Post
    I am facing the same problem on a Bizhub C280. I took out the paper feed units 1 & 2 to clean and inspect.
    The clutches where found to be working (applied 24V and none of them sliped) so what could be the next to check?

I have also downloaded the service manual (which says its for Bizhub C360/C280/C220) to have a good look but I cannot find the exploded parts diagram of the C280 like this :
    Parts Catalog > Konica-Minolta > bizhub C652 > page 39
    which is the closest I can find and resembles mostly to what I have taken out of the C280.

And a pic of what I have in hand cannot be uploaded ...yet ! Maybe its too big .

I'd really like to know whats the failing oneways (Synthohol mentioned) pointed in a parts diagram.
    Thank you
    Talking about the one way feed bearings right next to the pickup roller and the feed roller. They are called feed clutches in the konica minolta parts book. They fail quite often. Replacing these one-way feed bearing clutches and cleaning the shaft should solve your problem.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    I'll second that statement. With the way the edge of the paper in bunched up against the feed tire, it looks like the pickup tire did it's job but the feed tire didn't turn because the oneway is slipping on the shaft. Also take into consideration that with a slipping oneway, it's probably time for tires as well, unless the tires were replaced without cleaning the oneways and scuffing the shafts, which is something should be done at every tire change.
    can you explain to me why scratches the auction? And how?

I usually clean the auction and bearings without scratching anything and works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ferro10 View Post
    can you explain to me why scratches the auction? And how?

I usually clean the auction and bearings without scratching anything and works perfectly.

The one way bearings polishes the shafts to a mirror finish. On a smooth surface like that the needle rollers in the one way bearing(clutch) simply does not grip and slips on the polished surface.

You will see the smooth area under the bearing next to the feed and pickup rollers. You can test them by hand to check if they slip but its not a reliable method just try that until you get one that slips just to proof it to yourself.

The guys use a file or some sand paper to remove the smooth surface to give the bearing something to catch on to. See that some guys will over do it and sand away the surface until the shaft becomes to thin!

I take a carpet knife and scribe four nice deep lines perpendicular to the shaft. You will hear the bearings needles jump if you turn them by hand. I do this once and no need to do it ever again. I never change them out with new ones.

The magnetic feed clutches does fail around 500K. I sometimes open and clean them but its a waste of time but does get you out of trouble until you can return with a replacement. If its a machine far from the shop i will take out the bypass tray clutch and strip out and change the clutch plates with the feed tray clutch. That is if they don't use the manual tray.
    Whatever

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I can't pass the opportunity to disagree with these fine folks.

I NEVER damage the shaft further. Most of the time cleaning and adding light oil make the one-way bearings work properly. If it still slips the bearing and/or the shaft must be replaced. Damaging the shaft further will not restore the shaft to it's original size and condition. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=