Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Foam Finisher Rollers: PAPER EXIT ROLLER A

Anyone know where to just get the foam? For example, a roll of 3M adhesive-backed-foam and cut to fit? Seems to me like 10.00 could replace all the rollers for several machines, but I have yet to find a suitable product.

Or perhaps just just settle for something like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33016790943.html

I have glued a several back together, but there comes a point when simply looking the the exit section has the same effect of Thanos snapping his fingers. It seems unfortunate, if KM had just used the same foam as the green rollers inside the finisher (forget the part/name) this probably wouldn't be an issue (and more stylish).

Of course the rollers can be found cheaper on eBay and the such, but Precision Roller wants ~40.00 for one pair--I ain't not doin it!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Re: Foam Finisher Rollers: PAPER EXIT ROLLER A

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    Anyone know where to just get the foam? For example, a roll of 3M adhesive-backed-foam and cut to fit? Seems to me like 10.00 could replace all the rollers for several machines, but I have yet to find a suitable product.

Or perhaps just just settle for something like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33016790943.html

I have glued a several back together, but there comes a point when simply looking the the exit section has the same effect of Thanos snapping his fingers. It seems unfortunate, if KM had just used the same foam as the green rollers inside the finisher (forget the part/name) this probably wouldn't be an issue (and more stylish).

Of course the rollers can be found cheaper on eBay and the such, but Precision Roller wants ~40.00 for one pair--I ain't not doin it!
    Not sure what model copier you are referring to, but the only one that comes to mind that had foam rollers on the finisher exit were the finishers on the older model copiers like the 600/601, etc. They had black foam rollers that looked like the picture here: (https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1vQ9dX...pg_350x350.jpg)

You also referenced green foam rollers (the ones I know of were actually blue), and they looked like this picture: (https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1xFMxX...Di.jpg_q50.jpg)

If those are the 2 rollers you are referring to, and you have extra of the blue (or a cheap source for them) then I can say without a doubt on the blue foam rollers WILL fit in place of the black ones, and will work just as good. We used to use the blue foam rollers to replace the dead black foam rollers all the time. Never had a problem at all, and the blues actually seemed to last longer than the black ones did.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Not sure what model copier you are referring to, but the only one that comes to mind that had foam rollers on the finisher exit were the finishers on the older model copiers like the 600/601, etc. They had black foam rollers that looked like the picture here: (https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1vQ9dX...pg_350x350.jpg)

You also referenced green foam rollers (the ones I know of were actually blue), and they looked like this picture: (https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1xFMxX...Di.jpg_q50.jpg)

If those are the 2 rollers you are referring to, and you have extra of the blue (or a cheap source for them) then I can say without a doubt on the blue foam rollers WILL fit in place of the black ones, and will work just as good. We used to use the blue foam rollers to replace the dead black foam rollers all the time. Never had a problem at all, and the blues actually seemed to last longer than the black ones did.
    I am sorry, I had the part number when writing this I guess I deleted it... you are correct in your assumption
    Konica Minolta 122H48251 (4014-1055-01) Exit Roller (A) - Set of 2 - 1/2 Round Rollers, Genuine (E2175) part number 122H48251
    Fits:
    And probably more. The issue with the blue rollers (if old, look more green--never seen a new one lol ) the diameter is slightly less... I say this with one finisher in mind that is kicking paper all over the place with multiple "fixes" employed. I will confirm this tomorrow. Perhaps if all were blue I would be "golden"

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

You at correct, the rollers definitely have a green look to them after they have been used for a while. We experienced the same problem you are are experiencing. When the foam peeled off the plastic and went missing, the finisher would make a huge mess on the output tray. On large jobs, it would eventually lead to papers getting pushed off the tray onto the floor.

We would remove the black ones, and replace them with the blues, and it worked to solve the problem. Granted this was on a bizhub 600 style machine (FS-525 finisher if my memory hasn't failed me).

If I remember correctly, there were 5 total on the exit, and as we slowly used up the inventory we had, we started to even experiment with only installing 3 in key areas, and had success with that as well.

Just so you are aware, in case you didn't know, those rollers are sold as individual halves; meaning that it takes a quantity of 2 parts to make 1 roller.

Good luck in whatever you end up doing.

------
    Pardon the mess in this post, it was sent using the crappy Tapatalk app...
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    You at correct, the rollers definitely have a green look to them after they have been used for a while. We experienced the same problem you are are experiencing. When the foam peeled off the plastic and went missing, the finisher would make a huge mess on the output tray. On large jobs, it would eventually lead to papers getting pushed off the tray onto the floor.

We would remove the black ones, and replace them with the blues, and it worked to solve the problem. Granted this was on a bizhub 600 style machine (FS-525 finisher if my memory hasn't failed me).

If I remember correctly, there were 5 total on the exit, and as we slowly used up the inventory we had, we started to even experiment with only installing 3 in key areas, and had success with that as well.

Just so you are aware, in case you didn't know, those rollers are sold as individual halves; meaning that it takes a quantity of 2 parts to make 1 roller.

Good luck in whatever you end up doing.

------
    Pardon the mess in this post, it was sent using the crappy Tapatalk app...
    Yup there are 5 (maybe 6¿). An old timer (Ricoh tech i know irl) suggested hair rollers, but that doesn't seem feasible given the clearances and inability to disconnect the shaft.

And yup again, you only need 3(+)

Marketing wank.... I found that out the hard way being an indie... I am prey. I am apparently illiterate and thought I was going to get 2 rollers (years ago). Such clever wording (even if it makes sense, screw that)

Given the fact that these rollers are still relevant, I am sure others have "hacked" em.

Again, I am confident that there is a roll of something out there that will fix this on the cheap.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

konica sells them for $9.66@

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    konica sells them for $9.66@
    That is a fair price; I assume one would have to join the KM Confidential Club get that that price.

Further, I am 99.9% sure Precision Roller has a contract/deal with KM and probably gets them en masse for around $5.00 that is a 800% markup!

I rarely have the need these days to deal with Precision Roller with the internet as it is these days, but that right there makes me was to boycott them altogether.

(BTW Synthohol, I got that c654 downgraded and running I will be posting a followup, but got to run for now. )