Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub c300i "the original size was detected"

Re: bizhub c300i "the original size was detected"

Quote Originally Posted by gerf443 View Post
    a few things I forgot to mention. If I activate rear ADF switch then put a magnet on the front reed switch it will still detect paper on the glass with no ADF even installed. Also it is always detect 11" width paper. Put legal on the glass and it sees 11x17.

Some of this will seem repetitive so disregard the stuff you already did.

Did you completely unplug the adf from the MFP before testing that reed switch to see the size detected on the glass?

If you did not completely unplug the adf from the MFP before testing that reed switch to see the size detected on the glass, do it again with the adf completely disconnected.

The ccd assembly itself reads the width. But you have already replaced that I see.

The paper size is determined by a combination of the width info from the ccd assembly and the 2 document length sensors PS204 & PS205
    Even though your problem seems to be with the width measurement - I would still work on the following components (barring an issue with the adjustments-which I assume you did) :

Doc size sensors (clean them) and check mounts (bent?)

Slit glass and copyboard glass and optics (clean the hell out of them-alcohol)

CCD unit (my money would have been on that but you already replaced that and 2 different ccd's are not going to have the same problem)

Adjustments

Firmware

MFPB (hope not)

Other possibilities---there is an angle sensor that I think (not completely sure how it functions) is what might detect the on the glass original and initiates the Original Document width and length measurements after the reed switch and adf cover closed sensors engage. Could that be dirty or out of position?

Perhaps someone else can comment further on the function of that angle sensor----lots of good tech's here............

Sure hoping one of these remarks helps you.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 09-14-2020 at 05:59 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

IT'S FIXED!! Spent 2.5 hours on the phone with KM. We went through a bunch of different settings and adjusts. Didn't fix it. He finally sent me a .tar reset file that I call the "Nuclear Option". It took the machine back to a newborn. Had to go to softswitch 10 and change it to hex02 so it would know it was a KM copier and not a generic. Reload firmware after checking machine type. Good to go! I suspect a previous responce had it pegged. Scan Image Side Edge was -.1mm. After resetting I checked it and it was now -4.7mm. KM said anytime they get a "I" series call they know it's going to be a 2hr call. Thanks for all the help. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

IT'S FIXED!! Spent 2.5 hours on the phone with KM. We went through a bunch of different settings and adjusts. Didn't fix it. He finally sent me a .tar reset file that I call the "Nuclear Option". It took the machine back to a newborn. Had to go to softswitch 10 and change it to hex02 so it would know it was a KM copier and not a generic. Reload firmware after checking machine type. Good to go! I suspect a previous responce had it pegged. Scan Image Side Edge was -.1mm. After resetting I checked it and it was now -4.7mm. KM said anytime they get a "I" series call they know it's going to be a 2hr call. Thanks for all the help. Hope this helps someone in the future.
    Great follow up. Now we know the dreaded reset.tar file is a must.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Thank you Gerf! This has been an issue for a month or so that I could not fix even after a tar file reset.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Had same issue C360i it was set to zero tried -3 and now works 100% .